APM count in the newer printings of the Core Book?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

APM count in the newer printings of the Core Book?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I have the 1st printing of the PF2 Core Book and was wondering if the starting Level 1 APM were changed in later printings.

No h2h: 1
basic/expert/MA: 2
assassin: 1
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: APM count in the newer printings of the Core Book?

Unread post by kiralon »

I thought all living things started with 2 for second ed now.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. I have a Sixth Printing from early 2006. The wording for Hand to Hand ane such remqins the same as First Printing.

kiralon wrote:I thought all living things started with 2 for second ed now.

"Now"? Yes. But that didn't start until Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands and can really only be deduced by NPC write-ups. This was also stated definitively in the PF Interactive Character Sheet tutorial (the video script was not written by me, and did have input from Kevin). Book 8: Western Empire and before were written without the extra 2 attacks. As such, the core book (as mentioned in the OP), is written without any indication of the extra 2 atracks (as far as I'm aware).

Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

I never played them as an extra 2 attacks, to me it was if you don't have a hand to hand you get 2 apm, if you do have hth use its apm.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

kiralon wrote:I thought all living things started with 2 for second ed now.

The 2 APM for living was just in the HU1 core book until the HU2nd ed and the RGMG came out.
Still the canon rules are what the core book says or if there is something published in a book of that game. And until that game has an official change the rules for that game remain the same, officially.

Which is why I was asking if they were change in the later printings of the PF 2 core book.

It is apparent that the extra two APM for living are have been given to the NPCs in the newer PF2 books. But the question was have they made it into the core book. But who gets a new core book unless the old one is totally warn out. (I've only repurchased two books for cause....the HU2 core and the AU:GG).

So if there is someone with a 2017or 2019 printing (or close to these years)...please speak up.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

kiralon wrote:I never played them as an extra 2 attacks, to me it was if you don't have a hand to hand you get 2 apm, if you do have hth use its apm.

With the PF2 core book the text is quite clear...the APM said you get, is all that you get (see my OP for the numbers the core book says you get)...in PF2.

I'm not saying the GMs don't add the TAfL into their PF2 games....or saying they shouldn't. That is their right as GMs.

All I just said is that the PF2 core books, as far as they were written, do not include any 'APM just for living the way HU and Rifts books (since the RGMG) do.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:But who gets a new core book unless the old one is totally warn out.
[snip]
So if there is someone with a 2017or 2019 printing (or close to these years)...please speak up.

Greetings and Salutations. This part of the post got me thinking, and I do have the official PDF. This is noted as a "PDF Edition - November 2017."

As far as I can tell, still not change to the core book rules regarding attacks/hand to hand. I didn't glance at every page, so if there's a particular spot you want me to check let me know, but from the Combat Terms and hand to hand styles listed, everything looked the same regarding attacks.

I don't think I have my First Printing any more to compare, but if you're curious I believe they did fix some other errata over time in other areas (like Elves gaining See in Total Darkness, or one of the Psi-Mystic's or Mind Mage's powers being repeated while missing a different one or something in the First Printing). Note: I don't consider the Attacks Per Melee to be errata, and will likely never be updated in the core book unless they do a new edition.

While a PDF isn't quite as nice as a physical copy, one would suspect they used their newest edition (at the time, in 2017) to make the PDF. Hopefully that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”