Old Kingdom random encounter tables

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

donJulio
D-Bee

Old Kingdom random encounter tables

Unread post by donJulio »

Has anybody created random encounter tables fro the Old Kingdom that they would like to share? I am wanting to do a campaign with my teenage son and am just not that creative of a GM (at least not for these kinds of things).
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Old Kingdom random encounter tables

Unread post by kiralon »

1st ed old ones book has encounter tables for some of the old kingdom im pretty sure, ill look it up. Its available on drive thru rpg I think.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Coincidentally enough, I am working on this very thing. I'm just trying to figure out fair sizes for orc/ogre/goblin groups... from small scouting parties to larger raiding gangs. When did you need something by?
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
donJulio
D-Bee

Ironically I asked this question years ago. I should have looked into my own comment history LOL. That is how long I have been trying to get this campaign going with my son.
donJulio
D-Bee

Braden Campbell wrote:Coincidentally enough, I am working on this very thing. I'm just trying to figure out fair sizes for orc/ogre/goblin groups... from small scouting parties to larger raiding gangs. When did you need something by?

I remember when starting a couple years ago, we basically broke out Monsters and Animals Old Kingdom and spread those creatures over 1d100. Though IIRC, I think 96-00 was Elven or Dwarf settlement, with the higher number being a larger settlement/city. The hardest part about getting any campaign going is how god-damn long it takes to create NPCs with realistic, unique stats: i.e. roll each and every one of them.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

donJulio wrote:
Braden Campbell wrote:Coincidentally enough, I am working on this very thing. I'm just trying to figure out fair sizes for orc/ogre/goblin groups... from small scouting parties to larger raiding gangs. When did you need something by?

I remember when starting a couple years ago, we basically broke out Monsters and Animals Old Kingdom and spread those creatures over 1d100. Though IIRC, I think 96-00 was Elven or Dwarf settlement, with the higher number being a larger settlement/city. The hardest part about getting any campaign going is how god-damn long it takes to create NPCs with realistic, unique stats: i.e. roll each and every one of them.

If the players are just going through a town I just borrow one from one of the others towns and change names (old ones book is good for this) and a quick roll on the personality table a viola - done.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”