World maps

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jimbo
Wanderer

World maps

Unread post by Jimbo »

Am i the only one who thinks we need some better maps? I know one of the guys here is working on them.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: World maps

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Will map of Palladium Fantasy and I believe Rifts will soon be available on DriveThru. Talk to HotRod
and he'll clue you in.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Very much looking forward to those. Love the maps, hope they don‘t come out as too dark as the world map did.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kraynic »

If you are open to trying it, you can make your own. I made a few maps with GIMP which didn't turn out too bad after checking out some tutorials on YouTube. Recently I purchased Wonderdraft and have been making maps with that. Making my own also allows me to set up the world as I have been building it since I started playing and running games in the system/world. If you need/want the customization, you might want to try your hand at mapping yourself. If you use all the sourcebooks, then HotRod's maps will work for you. And he does make some nice looking maps.
Jimbo
Wanderer

Unread post by Jimbo »

Yeah, thats the guy! Hotrods maps are awesome! I have several. What i would really like them to make is a full world map at the level of Hotrods creations.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Thanks! Regarding Palladium Fantasy world maps, there are several.

The one on the back of the Bizantium book is awesome, and it was made by another map artist whose techniques and tutorials shaped my own style. It was originally made for Zyanitevp and his "A God Rebuilt" campaign, and you can still find it on that site.

Here's a modified map of Palladium Fantasy that is gorgeous. It splits up the main continent and adds the Atlantis continent far to the west.

A few years back, I took scans of every local Palladium Fantasy map I could find, superimposed them on each other, and drew in Inkscape what I consider to be the most accurate world map out there in terms of coastlines. I use this image as the basis for all my Palladium Fantasy maps.

Finally, there's a fantastic hand-drawn map by AberzombieLiche that I came across a year or two ago. It's not well-known, but I regard it as the best overall world map that's ever been made for Palladium Fantasy. It captures both world-wide information and regional details, and it's got some spiffy heraldry to go with it. The only beef I have with it is that its creator only took pictures of it, not scans.

I have occasionally toyed with the idea of doing a comprehensive world map myself. It's not high on my list, mostly because I'd like to finish making a full collection of regional maps first.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Jimbo
Wanderer

Unread post by Jimbo »

Hotrod, those maps are fantastic! I look forward to completing my collection of your world maps as you finish them. This is something that I feel Palladium has been lacking for years and cannot for the life of me come up with a good reason. Thank you for your efforts, sir.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Jimbo wrote:Hotrod, those maps are fantastic! I look forward to completing my collection of your world maps as you finish them. This is something that I feel Palladium has been lacking for years and cannot for the life of me come up with a good reason. Thank you for your efforts, sir.

x2
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Great looking map, would love to get printed poster of the color one or a small broadside style printing of the parchment looking one.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Jimbo wrote:Hotrod, those maps are fantastic! I look forward to completing my collection of your world maps as you finish them. This is something that I feel Palladium has been lacking for years and cannot for the life of me come up with a good reason. Thank you for your efforts, sir.

Well, Kevin has mentioned getting my maps published in a couple of the recent Weekly Updates. We're working on it.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Jimbo
Wanderer

Unread post by Jimbo »

Oh that will be completely cool! Have to get two sets, one as published and one to modify with my own locales.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”