Monster adaptations.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Monster adaptations.

Unread post by pblackcrow »

To the Bugbears in my game:

I'm made them less cruel and mischievous, and more elusive and mysterious. Taken their 3 mental attributes and increase them by 1d6, add a wizard and warlock (after all they respect the 4 elements plus they have an already large amount of PPE to tap into so in makes sense to make them spell casters) to the list of OCCs, and give them minor or major psionics (same chances as humans), make them 4-5' (5' being the max at adulthood), add an increase in of say 300 to 500 exp points per level, also give them a wider range of fur colors. Change their technology and craftsmanship skills to being superior. The weight and strength though, when out side of their huge bear form, I would decrease to 75-100lbs and 3d6. Added the bearmen's superior sense of smell, and also decreased the recognize smell to 50 +5%. Of course I use the skills of note in the Rifts Conversion Book.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Hotrod
Knight

Re: Monster adaptations.

Unread post by Hotrod »

Interesting. I've never used bugbears; they just didn't appeal much to me. How do you use them in your games?
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
pblackcrow
Champion

Hotrod wrote:Interesting. I've never used bugbears; they just didn't appeal much to me. How do you use them in your games?

In my world they are PCs and come in a wide variety. They consider elves, gnomes, halflings, and occasionally a dwarf and RARELY a human with great intelligence friend And are enemies of goblins ratlings, bearmen, gromeks, goron, Dogres/Jungle Ogres, cyolss, greedy humans, etc.. For the most part, in their eyes humans of my world are a petty, selfish, self-centered, lot always out for themselves, who will betray you and take you for everything you can give or have got to give; if given the chance. They brought on this dark age by betraying them who helped them get out of it.

i drew heavily on the Gummii Bears when I did the rewrite.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Here is the "new" ranking that we are emplomenting in my games. I will finish filling out the description later

Goblins:
Hobgobs (Master psyonics):
Goblin Shamans:
Goblin Witches:
Hobgob Wizards:
Hobgob Summoners:
Goblin Champions:
Goblin Letenet:
Goblin Captain:
Goblin Admiral:
Goblin Lords:
Goblin Kings: