Munchkin/Rules Lawyer Challenge: Best Non-Alchemist FINISHED

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Munchkin/Rules Lawyer Chlg: Best Non-Alchemist TALLYING

Unread post by kiralon »

Deathstar, firing button is one handed
4d6 quadrillion points of damage
4d6x10[sup]22[/sup]

kop dis necrom
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

kiralon wrote:Deathstar, firing button is one handed
4d6x10[sup]22[/sup]

kop dis necrom

You can get your own DeathMoon(star could get threadlocked)
For only 35million credits.
Made by Chipwell...
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

4d6x10[sup]22[/sup]

kop dis necrom

Greetings and Salutations. I thought of this with the SDF-1 main cannon (destroys everything in its path) near the beginning of the contest. Couldn't figure out how to make it PF and melee though. :P Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Prysus wrote:
4d6x10[sup]22[/sup]

kop dis necrom

Greetings and Salutations. I thought of this with the SDF-1 main cannon (destroys everything in its path) near the beginning of the contest. Couldn't figure out how to make it PF and melee though. :P Farewell and safe journeys.

That is a good idea so I thought of this

Orbital Crystal Circle and Rod construction
Targeting device is a simple one handed crossbow that shoots a small crystal rod, when the crystal rod breaks it is detected by the targeting crystal in the satellite and a large crystal rod is launched at that location at super high velocities
4 rounds later, where aiming crystal hit and broke
Crystal Rod Satellite rain
Launches 20ft long, 3 ft wide crystal rods at targeting crystal from orbit at mach22
Orbital Strike Rod does 2d6x1000 damage to everything within 200 ft, and 2d6x100 to everything withing 600ft and knocks everything down within 1000ft

orbital device regenerates the crystal rod every 28 days.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

kiralon wrote:
Prysus wrote:
4d6x10[sup]22[/sup]

kop dis necrom

That is a good idea so I thought of this

Targeting device is a simple one handed crossbow that shoots a small crystal rod, when the crystal rod breaks it is detected by the targeting crystal in the satellite and a large crystal rod is launched at that location at super high velocities
Launches 20ft long, 3 ft wide crystal rods at targeting crystal from orbit at mach22
Orbital Strike Rod does 2d6x1000 damage to everything within 200 ft, and 2d6x100 to everything withing 600ft and knocks everything down within 1000ft

The PMS.

Post Middle Orbit Satellite!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

kiralon wrote:That is a good idea so I thought of this

Orbital Strike Rod does 2d6x1000 damage to everything within 200 ft, and 2d6x100 to everything within 600ft and knocks everything down within 1000ft

Does the crossbow regen it's rod at the same rate at the orbital launcher?

-------
When I 1st read this post, the 1st thing I though of was the weapons sat in the anime/manga 'Akira'.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

no, the wielder has to spend 50 isp to make it grow a new one.

I was actually thinking of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fySDXRiyEg0
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Hotrod wrote:The actively-scored part of this challenge is now over! I will do a top-to-bottom points review, finish the trophies, and announce winners within the next few days. Feel free to continue discussion and create new weapons, but I will not be actively scoring anymore.

Don't miss the my latest weapon the White Iron Full Moon. Just that you skiped it and went on to score others latests for a whole page of posts.

I'll do that today. Sorry I missed it earlier, that was an oversight.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, Hotrod told me to post these additions into the main post so I will. I'll copy and paste all the pertinent info here.

For the legit one, let's go with our good friends the Hex Mastercrafters making their finest Dwarven lance out of Black Metal. Let's make that Giant sized. We'll max out the damage on it as well. Cover it in silver for the Undead.

Per Prysus:
"8D6+12 (36 points), +1 on initiative, +6 to parry (Hex 4 + Natural 2), +4 to strike (47 points) with an extra +2 to strike (when thrown), lightweight, and invulnerable to all but magic. Not sure how the +2 to strike thrown is factored in (I figure either a bonus 2 points from strike or a bonus 2 points from an added attack option). Add in silver and that's a 50-52 point weapon right there."

I am going to remove the thrown bonus because then it's not a melee weapon. So that's 47. Then we add the the indestructible Gantrium guard, with the Xanthine gems in it, and the Unicron horn handle. The most recent additions are holy symbols etched in and holes cut in the lance so that when you reach a full gallop on horseback it emits a frightening whistle/wail.

-Vek
"Pretty sure that's everything."
Hotrod
Knight

Re: Munchkin/Rules Lawyer Chlg: Best Non-Alchemist 1-H ENDS

Unread post by Hotrod »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Full Moon of the Lantern Goddess

Zathar the Engul was wandering on a Mid-Summer's Eve walking off the firey rage she was in from the latest fight with her husband over having children. Pacing through a meadow her hawk had just flew past the full moon eclipsing it for an instant. Distracted by her hawk, when she looked back to the path she was taking she saw a an elder elf of the next valley over. When striding to him, it was then he spoke the words of the ancient tongue of the elves in greeting. "Fear not Warrior of Night, for the Lantern Goddess has moved me here to meet with you. It is you she has chosen to right a wrong and cleanse the temple of the vileness which occupies." Standing there stunned Zathar questioning why he was saying this when she was being shunned for wedding a human. The Elder raised his hands and bringing them together, seaming to her eyes as to grasp the moon. An instant of darkness later his hands were holding a strange weapon which he handed to her. "Take her gift and and when the quest is done your home will be filled with joy." With that the Elder turned and walked away towards the village he lived in.

The weapon was a full circle blade attached to a hilt that extended into a parrying horn out of each end. The circle is decorated with two lines of runes, the outer line being the the zodiac with all of their sigils in the proper order. Starting with the Gryphon, followed following through them till her own Red Hawk properly between Selestra the Mermaid & The Scholar, and ending back with Ghundeg, Od's Sword next to the Gryphon. The inner line looks to be writing in elvish lettering that seam to shift what they say when the light changes. The Body of the weapon, a Full Moon, is made of White Iron Steal plated with Korobite. The sigils, excepting her own, and writing appear to be the flat black of Black Iron Steal. Her own Red Hawk is done in some red metal The crafting of the blade is more then superior crafting....it is as good as any mortal hands can craft a blade.

<insert story here><something about a zodiac mage being gifted a weapon from a priest of the Lantern Goddess (elvish of magic & fertility)>

Base quality weapon stats & bonuses: Full Moon (Compendium:Misc.)
init +2
Strike: +1
Parry: +2
SDC: 85
Damage: 2d6

Hex dwarf quality smithing (blades)
Damage +8
Parry+6
Strike & Parry +4

Made of Korobite plated White Iron. (PF:NH 56: K: harms the SN & WI: +1 Strike, flexible & negated the 1st 20 points of damage in any given attack to it. Does not conduct Electricity)
The handle is made from single shaft blood marble wrapped with Arrowhead leather. (nothing mystical or bonus adding about them, just for a full description. BMarble comes from one of the minion war Hell lands books you said we could use [is guessing it will give the weapon's aura an other-worldly'ness seaming since Blood Marble is not of the PF world-which might just be a plot point somewhere], & arrowheads critters are in PF:NH)

Decorated with the zodiac runes around the circle of the main blade and a line of elvish writing on both sides of the blade. (Maybe outside this contest they maybe are plot device or a magic circle :bandit: ) With the connecting braces marked with a four sided lantern with a pitched top & hanging ring.

Has a scabbard made out of Giant Scuttle Crab Shell. NAR 14 (made out of the top shell chitin).

Totals
Damage: 2D6+10
Init: +2
Strike: +6
Parry: +12
SDC: 85
Does rated damage when attacking the supernatural. because it is Korobite plated.
The 1st 20 points of damage does to it are negated by the White Iron flexing & totally resistant to normal Electricity and 1/2 damage from magical electricity.
Has a slightly other-worldly'ness to it's aura.

I didn't get around to this one earlier; sorry. My evaluation: 6+10+2+6+12+1+1+1=40 points!
Last edited by Hotrod on Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Veknironth wrote:Well, Hotrod told me to post these additions into the main post so I will. I'll copy and paste all the pertinent info here.

For the legit one, let's go with our good friends the Hex Mastercrafters making their finest Dwarven lance out of Black Metal. Let's make that Giant sized. We'll max out the damage on it as well. Cover it in silver for the Undead.

Per Prysus:
"8D6+12 (36 points), +1 on initiative, +6 to parry (Hex 4 + Natural 2), +4 to strike (47 points) with an extra +2 to strike (when thrown), lightweight, and invulnerable to all but magic. Not sure how the +2 to strike thrown is factored in (I figure either a bonus 2 points from strike or a bonus 2 points from an added attack option). Add in silver and that's a 50-52 point weapon right there."

I am going to remove the thrown bonus because then it's not a melee weapon. So that's 47. Then we add the the indestructible Gantrium guard, with the Xanthine gems in it, and the Unicron horn handle. The most recent additions are holy symbols etched in and holes cut in the lance so that when you reach a full gallop on horseback it emits a frightening whistle/wail.

-Vek
"Pretty sure that's everything."

Everything except an awesome-sounding title.

Your point total is 24+12+1+6+4+1(lightweight)+1(invulnerable to all but magic) for the black metal giant lance (with stats from the Compendium)=49. points. The Gantrium guard is another +1, the Xanthene is another +1, the holy symbols repel vampires and faeries for another +1, the whistling effect is another +1, and the unicorn horn handle is another +1, bringing your total to 54 points!

You left out the silver inlay and the crystal tip that you had earlier, but I guess that was on purpose.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Veknironth
Hero

Well, the silver wasn't left out on purpose. It was included in the Prysus quote. The Crystal was actually a white metal tip, so it would pierce any armor, and once the armor was pierced, the rest of the lance would follow through the existing hole.

-Vek
"That's the cheesiest thing I've done."
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Well, then your point total was right where it should have been, then. Got a spiffy name for it?
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Still competitive with a 35 pointer, i wish the bonuses didn't get a dq. Lol
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

RESULTS ARE POSTED!Congratulations to the winners, and thank you to everyone for participating! Enjoy the trophy artwork!
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Hotrod
Knight

Re: Munchkin/Rules Lawyer Challenge: Best Non-Alchemist FINI

Unread post by Hotrod »

Doggone it, I misspelled Vek's full name! I'll fix it tomorrow.

Edit: Fixed!
Last edited by Hotrod on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Well done everyone
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Obviously Vek would win it. "He knows his MF'n paired weapons!"
Veknironth
Hero

Well, I forgot to mention I do have a spiffy name for my lance. It's the Strongarm Lance.

-Vek
"Yes, I had the ball to write that."
Veknironth
Hero

Well, first I'd like to thank all my Palladium brethren, including you lurkers who aren't posting but are keeping track of our ramblings.

I'd like to give special thanks to Hotrod for coming up with this clever and enjoyable thought exercise, for his fun and fair judging of the entries, and for finally awarding me a prize.

I'd like to thank Prysus for his measured discussions, intelligent submissions, and his help with finding bonuses in the Compendium. Greetings, Salutations, and My Gratitute.

I'd like thank Kiralon for some excellent debates, out of the box thinking, and overall awesomeness.

I'd like the thank ShadowLogan for bringing up the idea of weapons as more than just weapons, and for making me think of something as ridiculous as a lance that whistles.

And again, thanks to all who participated and made me look into books that had been gathering dust to refresh my memory on all the great, hidden items and materials in the Palladium World.

-Vek
"I hear the lute playing it's time to exit stage left."
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Veknironth wrote:Well, I forgot to mention I do have a spiffy name for my lance. It's the Strongarm Lance.

-Vek
"Yes, I had the ball to write that."

The name is now updated in the official results thread. Thanks. That sounds much better than "The Whistling Lance."
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Lusas
D-Bee

Unread post by Lusas »

Veknironth wrote:Well, the silver wasn't left out on purpose. It was included in the Prysus quote. The Crystal was actually a white metal tip, so it would pierce any armor, and once the armor was pierced, the rest of the lance would follow through the existing hole.
download gb whatsapp
-Vek

The Lance is body-blowing :angel: but what was the reason for the name StrongArm Lance?
Veknironth
Hero

Wow, blast from the past here. Strongarm is just a good name for one handed weapo. You need a strong arm to properly use the weapon.

-Vek
"There might be a cycling pun in there also."
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Lusas wrote:
Veknironth wrote:Well, the silver wasn't left out on purpose. It was included in the Prysus quote. The Crystal was actually a white metal tip, so it would pierce any armor, and once the armor was pierced, the rest of the lance would follow through the existing hole.
download gb whatsapp
-Vek

The Lance is body-blowing :angel: but what was the reason for the name StrongArm Lance?

Welcome to the boards! I'm a little curious what led you to this (though I imagine the mods will quickly close this thread; board necromancy is something they don't like for reasons I don't understand).
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Lusas
D-Bee

Unread post by Lusas »

Veknironth wrote:Strongarm is just a good name for one handed weapo. You need a strong arm to properly use the weapon.

Fair enough :-D

Hotrod wrote:Welcome to the boards! I'm a little curious what led you to this (though I imagine the mods will quickly close this thread; board necromancy is something they don't like for reasons I don't understand).

Thanks. I got curious about the name and asked about it. And sorry for the necromancy although i'm not a necromancer (i don't know magic to reanimate the dead. I'd be cool if i know that :twisted: ).
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Lusas wrote:
Veknironth wrote:Strongarm is just a good name for one handed weapo. You need a strong arm to properly use the weapon.

Fair enough :-D

Hotrod wrote:Welcome to the boards! I'm a little curious what led you to this (though I imagine the mods will quickly close this thread; board necromancy is something they don't like for reasons I don't understand).

Thanks. I got curious about the name and asked about it. And sorry for the necromancy although i'm not a necromancer (i don't know magic to reanimate the dead. I'd be cool if i know that :twisted: ).

I rather liked "whistling lance" better myself.

No worries on reanimating this particular thread, though, it's one of my favorite all-time, and I think thread necromancy is great as long as it isn't trolling (and then only on Halloween).

Sadly, the mods don't agree, and I'm sure a thread lock will be coming shortly.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”