Slave town of Grange

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

Slave town of Grange

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Hey all Eastern Territory on page 112, talks about a "Slave town of Grange" along the great river. Unfortunately there is no information on this "slave town" other than River pirates go there to sell people as booty. Does anyone have any information to add to this.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Re: Slave town of Grange

Unread post by zyanitevp »

It says that it is on the other side of the mountains from Kaash, so on the Great River on the side of Llorn and Lopan- I would put it East of Neven.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Okay. Grange is officially on the old kingdom side. As is Raf-Chalon. Annoying but logical.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

pblackcrow wrote:Okay. Grange is officially on the old kingdom side. As is Raf-Chalon. Annoying but logical.

What is Raf-Chalon? could I get a book and page number.

This also means that I have to find a new spot for the badguys to go in a story I'm writing(the badguys have kidnapped a Wolfen Diplomatic convoy and they can't go to Kaash as their Ultimate boss isn't liked in Kaash).
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
pblackcrow
Champion

Rockwolf66 wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:Okay. Grange is officially on the old kingdom side. As is Raf-Chalon. Annoying but logical.

This also means that I have to find a new spot for the badguys to go in a story I'm writing(the badguys have kidnapped a Wolfen Diplomatic convoy and they can't go to Kaash as their Ultimate boss isn't liked in Kaash).

City of elves...Page 187, under Old Kingdom River. Like the port town of Grange, it is mentioned in passing. A pain, yes. But when has dealing with Palladium Books not been? And Grange is not part of Kaash. But part of another thing entirely different. If you want a good map, I can e-mail you one. PM me with your e-mail address.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

sorry, I thought that Kaash was closer to the old kingdom. My bad.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
tmbn
Wanderer

Unread post by tmbn »

pblackcrow wrote:
Rockwolf66 wrote:

City of elves...Page 187, under Old Kingdom River. Like the port town of Grange, it is mentioned in passing. A pain, yes. But when has dealing with Palladium Books not been? And Grange is not part of Kaash. But part of another thing entirely different. If you want a good map, I can e-mail you one. PM me with your e-mail address.

pblackcrow: You still have any good maps here ? I am curious about Raf-Chalon and how it fit in. Also, it says in the Eastern book that there is two more "kingdoms" between Wisdom and Peningshire.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I would also be interested in better-quality ET maps. The ones in the book are fairly good, but I'd like to have as much canon info as possible before I start mapping that region.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

we know Raf-Chalin is along the river, and between Wisdom and Peningshir. which would put it somewhere close to the old city ruins, which would crush absolutely any claim Wisdom had to the ruins, BUT as Shannon has said, they can still be the ones who have explored it and get to keep the stuff they have found dew to an act of diplomacy with the understanding that elves from there will always have a seat on the guild counsel.

HOWEVER, since Peningshir will have to be relocated because it shares a spot with a fort of Temero [I know I didn't spell it correctly], I say do what Shannon did and put Peningshir down at edge of the mountains.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

tmbn wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:
Rockwolf66 wrote:

pblackcrow: You still have any good maps here ? I am curious about Raf-Chalon and how it fit in. Also, it says in the Eastern book that there is two more "kingdoms" between Wisdom and Peningshire.

yes, he does!!! I have seen them.
pblackcrow
Champion

Yes, but it's on my decktop, and it's not where I am at currently. And I just had my mini notebook reformatted, so I'm sorry I can't be more help. My life has been a mess of late.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

tmbn wrote:pblackcrow: You still have any good maps here ? I am curious about Raf-Chalon and how it fit in. Also, it says in the Eastern book that there is two more "kingdoms" between Wisdom and Peningshire.

Sorry about the wait, found the map I use for Raf-Chalon. http://www.fantasticmaps.com/wp-content ... 24x662.jpg I put it 3 turns in the river right of the ruins, if that helps. I generally do not like the palladium world, my 3 other GMs and I like to make up my own worlds and that way we can control what gets put in to them.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
tmbn
Wanderer

Unread post by tmbn »

Here is the full book. If someone wants to use this setting with Raf-Chalon. Change Humans with Elfs.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/125 ... Crossroads
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

They were probably both accidnetly edited out. I'm going to have to check on that
reference on Grange. Very interesting.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Sertorius wrote:The Wolfen Empire book pg 118 talks of a small settlement of Bizantium, between the Dragon Claw and Dream Lake, called South Grange. Maybe Grange is just north of that?

Yea... guessing not. But still curious South Grange is in the far north.

Yeah that settlement (South Grange) wasn't significant enough to warrant further
information. It worked better as a one time spot location for that advengture on page

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”