No more Rifts: Promise of Power

For talk about the award-winning videogame for Nokia's handheld device, the N-Gage!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

No more Rifts: Promise of Power

Unread post by Anthar »

With the new N-Gage service offered by Nokia I was thinking that I'd finally be able to play PoP, but nOOOOO. Nokia seems to have dropped PoP since it is not any where to be found. :x
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Browncoat Jayson
D-Bee

Re: No more Rifts: Promise of Power

Unread post by Browncoat Jayson »

Yeah, I recently found out about the N-Gage service as well, and was hoping that PoP would be converted over to that. Any chance that this can happen in the near future, or are we out of luck?
Midnght
OLD ONE
Comment: I do things you only fantasize about.

Unread post by Midnght »

Browncoat Jayson wrote:Yeah, I recently found out about the N-Gage service as well, and was hoping that PoP would be converted over to that. Any chance that this can happen in the near future, or are we out of luck?

Always a chance.

I informed Kevin back before the new platform was even released. But it was likely forgotten he is a busy kind of guy.

Best thing to do for a conversion would probably be to check with the backbone boys who made it and say what's up.

Not to mention it would still be nice to have all the cheat codes for the old version.

Also to note I haven't looked but perhaps someones figured a way to pull them form the carts and into files we could run yet. Maybe? Ya never know they did it for lot of other hand held systems.
Wolfen Silver Enclosed

Sir Blayse
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Sir Blayse »

It would be nice if the guys at Backbone could do a version for PSP or DS. I know a lot has happened since PoP was made, but it would be nice to have another game on a more popular platform come out. If Palladium could get a decent game out to the masses, they would probably have a better shot of someone seriously doing a movie on it. Sigh, maybe we'll get one someday...
I ride for the poor, the sick, the ignorant, and the downtrodden. I fight for good and for the justice of those in need... And I will die with knowledge that I have done all I can and have no regrets!-Sir Blayse
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I believe Nokia actually owns the rights, not Backbone. I don't know if kevin and the guys could get it back, or if its a temporary liscense, but if they could get another company to work on a DS game, it would be sweet.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

Can you get it for the CPU?
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

Crucible wrote:Can you get it for the CPU?

No, PoP is dead, buried and it's wife has remarried. I don't see a ressurection in the cards.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

Pah! Nothings dead as long as the profit way out weighs the cost of converting it to PC (which might be quite small), AND the company knows it. Probably if some massive facebook group was started up, all of them indicating a sale, they'd probably convert it.
My WIP browser game : Come see how it's evolving!
Philosopher Gamer: Thought provoking blog!
Driftwurld: My web comic!
Relkor: "I believe the GM ruled that they did vomit..."
jarlaxle
Explorer
Comment: Any questions, comments, concerns, feel free to write them on a $20 bil and send them to me.

Unread post by jarlaxle »

there neve was much chance for those of us in canada to even play there is n-gage service where i live. and Nokia phone have all sorts of services that when you tryto use says its not available in your country I feel like Canada is the States proverbial chi town - 'burbs

As someone who is only a few books short of the entire rifts/HU/TMNT/and after the bomb. That has had somony problems finding other players PoP was going to be my saviour but wound up being unavailable and a let down.

I had heard one could get an emulator to play it but evewn with it not available here i still wouldnt pirate it.

Its winter here now and work is low but when it picks up im gonna be ordering non book items, shirts, art every thing.
I support Hades in the minion war
They say life is short, but it is the longest thing you will do
Characters:
Rachel Riftrider
Story Logs:
Time Marshalls: Agent Riftrider
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

According to Alex M, they will not be any porting over the game to any other devices.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

It's a shame because they could make same money on iTunes with it
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

A game that was ahead of it's time, it would have made a killing if it was released now.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I haven't the time to begin playing it, but I want to. I'm too busy on modern games. Mario 3d Land.

"The Devil's among us!
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

imposterzilla wrote:I think if a group of us got together and made a petition or a kickstarter fund we could get it remade.

It has been repeatedly stated that they can't get the people together to okay the license use. They either don't work there, or the company doesn't exist or something. It has been said several times by Alex that it is not going to happen. Sucks, but that is the word.

"The Devil's among us!
scottypotty
D-Bee

Unread post by scottypotty »

You can find a Nokia emulator and the game. I just don't know how to get them to work. I've had one for years and just gave up. Just poke around the internet, there's a lot of cool stuff.
Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

Jorel wrote:
imposterzilla wrote:I think if a group of us got together and made a petition or a kickstarter fund we could get it remade.

It has been repeatedly stated that they can't get the people together to okay the license use. They either don't work there, or the company doesn't exist or something.

That doesn't make sense. Someone owns the license.

Just do a remake and see who sues over it - there, now you've found the person! ;)
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

It would be nice if they ported POP to the XBOXLiveArcade since that is basically what they do now, I suppose it would require permission from Nokia though.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Alex talked about it recently. I'm not sure on what forum, probably all things Palladium, or Help save... He said it is not an option, and sounds like it will never be one. I'd look on Ebay for a device and a game.

"The Devil's among us!

Return to “Rifts® Promise of Power™”