Something I've been considering for Carnivore/Vampiric HA's

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rabidredneck
D-Bee

Something I've been considering for Carnivore/Vampiric HA's

Unread post by Rabidredneck »

Since they feed on living creatures, i've been wondering what exactly they're fed on a daily basis. I've come up with a basic idea, thought I'd toss it to you all.

Since the Resistance lives underground, they would need food animals that would thrive underground. So I had the idea of a creature that was basically a cross between a mole, cow, and pig. Herbivores, they'd be SDC creatures since they're never meant for combat. I had the idea they'd be called 'Borks' from the noise they make.

A young Bork could reach up to 30lbs, while a mature one could reach twice that, thus making them perfect Armor Chow. A carnivore host armor would be fed a young Bork a day, and given a mature bork or two young to "stock up" for extended missions. Borks fed to Vampiric Host Armors would be used for resistance fighter's meals, since there's nothing better than a big Bork Burger after a hard fight.

I haven't come up with stats for them, but I figure you could just adapt something from Monster's and Animals.
That which does not kill me...is DEAD when I'm through with it!
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Your Borks are food. They really don't need stats. Just a menu no no I mean cost list for them and their biproducts.

But for stats pick a animal enlarge it or reduce to your needs. For your size range beaver or Banded Armadillo work. The Bush pig can be used as adult one, just knock the weight and size down.

And donot forget to feed your Warmounts.

Need large litters or other means to support your Resistance forces. Using Splicer BioTech, you could even have the larger ones regeneration sections of their flesh.

Something I posted in a different thread:
[b]Meal Milk[\b] - A form of food that is provide by the War Mount. It liquid but can be used in many different ways, from just drinking to use in soild dishes cooked over a fire. Some Librarians have provided several different favors and thickness of Meal Milk for their Great House.

[b]Meat Strips[\b] - Areas on some War Mounts can have Strips of flesh/meat cut from them to provide food for their riders. Because of regeneration the beast is not hurt, but may not be happy about being used as a food source. While still being alive that is.

Give them some means of hibernation so they can be stored for travel.
Could your Borks be used to dig tunnels?
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Sorry, could not help myself. (Tell me if you want it removed.)

Food Bork. (Just one of many types.)

Since the Resistance lives underground, they still need food animals that would thrive underground. A common one is the Food Bork. It's basically a cross between a mole, cow, and pig. Herbivores, they'd be SDC creatures since they're never meant for combat. They are called 'Borks' from the noise they make.

A young Bork could reach up to 30 lbs, while a mature one could reach twice that, thus making them perfect Armor Chow. A carnivore host armor would be fed a young Bork a day, and given a mature bork or two young to "stock up" for extended missions. Borks fed to Vampiric Host Armors would be used for resistance fighter's meals, since there's nothing better than a big Bork Burger after a hard fight.

Size: Body: 15 to 24 inches tall; 24 to 35 inches long.
Weight: 8 to 30 lbs. (can be up to 60 lbs.)
A.R.: not applicable.
Hit Points & S.D.C.: 8D6
Damage: not applicable.
Bonuses: Tastes good.
Natural Abilities: Track food trough: 98%, Be Food: 85% (sometimes even a Bork can be lucky)
Bio-Regeneration (if enhanced for it): 2 to 6 Meat Strips daily.
Produce Meal Milk (if enhanced for it): 2 to 4 quarts daily (milked 2 or 3 times daily)
Value: Meat (full body): 200 credits. Meat Strip (common): 25 credits. Meat Strip (good piece of tail): 25 to 50 credits. Meal Milk (quart): 5 to 10 credits. Blood (pint): 25 credits. Hide: depends on use. Bones: Free.
Vampire's Meal (you do not want to know what it was): ? credits.
Speed: just too slow.
Habitat: Free roaming around Great House territory, in Great House's feeding pens, Butcher's shop, over a fire pit, on a plate, in a GoreHound's feed bowl.

Meal Milk - When enhanced for it the Food Bork can provide a form of liquid food. Meal Milk comes in several different favors and thickness allowing it to be used in many different ways, from just drinking it to being cooked in solid dishes.

Meat Strips - If enhanced for it some areas on Food Borks can have strips of flesh/meat cut from them to provide food. The best pieces of Meat Strips come from the tails (like a beaver's). Strips weight around 3 to 5 pounds. Because of regeneration the beast is not hurt. But it's just not very happy about being used as a food source, while still being alive.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Rabidredneck
D-Bee

Unread post by Rabidredneck »

Actually, i'm flattered. Thank you very much! :ok:
That which does not kill me...is DEAD when I'm through with it!
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Ok. Just don't read to close.
Make changes as needed.
Still need a menu with dishes to be served.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Something I've been considering for Carnivore/Vampiric H

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Rabidredneck wrote:Since they feed on living creatures, i've been wondering what exactly they're fed on a daily basis. I've come up with a basic idea, thought I'd toss it to you all.

Since the Resistance lives underground, they would need food animals that would thrive underground. So I had the idea of a creature that was basically a cross between a mole, cow, and pig. Herbivores, they'd be SDC creatures since they're never meant for combat. I had the idea they'd be called 'Borks' from the noise they make.

A young Bork could reach up to 30lbs, while a mature one could reach twice that, thus making them perfect Armor Chow. A carnivore host armor would be fed a young Bork a day, and given a mature bork or two young to "stock up" for extended missions. Borks fed to Vampiric Host Armors would be used for resistance fighter's meals, since there's nothing better than a big Bork Burger after a hard fight.

I haven't come up with stats for them, but I figure you could just adapt something from Monster's and Animals.

Hey don't forget the omnivore suits need cooked food so they'd eat the bork burgers too. Now that is funny an animal that all by itself can make a bacon cheese burger. :D
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Cat Of Many Faces wrote:Frenzy: Frenzy is a dark red liquid that if given to a bork causes an extreme transformation into a ravening monster on par with some war mounts. This transformation occurs in just a few minutes (1d6+1 basically enough time to administer it to several and leave). frenzy is used as a last ditch defense by the resistance. especially as the shock to a borks system from this transformation kills them in about an hour. (sorry i'm too lasy to write the stats of a frenzy bork)

Run!!! RUN!!! Someone dumped a jug of Frenzy in the bork feeding pens. They have break lose and they coming this way. Run!! RUN!!

You mean that no way to stop them?

Yes. The bork are coming and Resistance is Futile!!

Your ideas are good. I did have thoughts of some borks being raised to be War Hogs or Borks. Some may have been pets to young Splicers and upgraded to War Mounts.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Cat Of Many Faces wrote:i like this idea alot, (especially since i hate judge Bork! heh) but i would expect that with the resistance being subterranian, you'd want them to be rock eaters.

other ideas:

Accellerant: This bluish liquid, when given to an immature bork, causes the animal to go into a feeding frenzy and mature into its full adult size in just under an hour. this is used too keep the low matenence young till it is time for them to be eaten. (if this is used, i'd see most of them having an extended and drawn out pre-adult [i hate it when i lose a word] stage)

Frenzy: Frenzy is a dark red liquid that if given to a bork causes an extreme transformation into a ravening monster on par with some war mounts. This transformation occurs in just a few minutes (1d6+1 basically enough time to administer it to several and leave). frenzy is used as a last ditch defense by the resistance. especially as the shock to a borks system from this transformation kills them in about an hour. (sorry i'm too lasy to write the stats of a frenzy bork)

man this thread is making me hungry.

a frenzied cat

Why not make both naturally occuring, for borks. Instead of having to feed the accelerant make it a breakable node on the borklets that releases their stored growth hormones into their system. This causes the borklet to become an adult and takes 12 hours. The node can be removed (twisted off) instead of broken. This is done in cases where there is no room. When the handlers are overly cautious or paranoid or have a full grown bork phobia (borkaphobia) or a frenzied bork phobia (malaborkaphobia) or :fool: a fear of slipping on lanoleum while being chased by by borks (borkaslippaphobia) or a fear of slipping on lanoleum while being chased by frenzied borks (malaborkaslippaphobia). These often happen if they handler has been attacked before... except the last two which are a JOKE. The removal of the growth node is also a common practice to allow children to keep them as pets.

Frenzy simply put when a bork tastes bork blood it goes borkzerk... I mean beserk. If this happens to a borklet often times it will end up damaging the accelerant node causing itself to grow at an alarming rate reaching adult size in an hour. It continues to grow till it reaches 10 times it's size in 10 hours after which it dies in two hours. If this happens around other borks it is VERY dangerous. Because as it grows at this rate it's flesh is continually tearing and regenerating causing blood to spary everywhere. A few colonies have been destroyed just because one borklet getting cut on some sharp rocks started a chain reaction. Many other colonies have taken to storing borklets in seperate pens. If the borklets growth node is removed obviously this can happen and the worst a "frenzied" borkling gets is like a child having a tantrum.
Last edited by Zer0 Kay on Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Cat Of Many Faces wrote:i was thinking a liquid in both cases, like in a vial or something (i think i watch too much mad science.) mainly for ease of transport. especially with frenzy.

also, if it is a minor chemical, then you aren't taking up the engineers valuable time just too grow some borks. i was specifically seeing the growth as a way for a colonization force to feed well, yet not have a gigantic herd. though, in retrospect, i'm not actually sure that would work. would still be a good way to keep the animals nice and handleable till you want to eat one.

other mods one might want to consider would be asexual reproduction. then you don't have the necessity of keeping at least 2 of good breedstock around.

in the immortal words of joel and the bots "what do you think sirs?"

a bork cat

1. Gee if you want to ake them "handleable" as borklets why not have the adolescent and/or (I'm guessing the word you wanted before) juevenile forms have a built in handle along it's spine. When picked up by the handle it actually paralyzes and removes all senses from the borklet. Only the heart, and lungs continue to function. When the borklet matures the "handle" deteriorates and falls off leaving only two semi flexible bone spikes in it's place and a fused spine where it was once able to paralyze the animal.

2. If it is mammalian wouldn't you end up with retarded offspring with such a shallow gene pool? Or are we talking insect genes? If so why not worm genes? Quite discusting but... The adults become pregnant once on the first day of every month. With a gestation period of 3 weeks. They always give birth to four borklets which the adult raises for a week, teaching it how to find food. After the week the adult abandons the borklet. (The gross part) If food is needed outside this pregnancy period a bork can be cut in half between the bone spikes and will regenerate into two borks. Both animals are fully functioning but only have one spike and are now incapable of reproduction. Not to mention that the regenerated portions look like they were burn victims. Twisted flesh with only patches of fur in scattered locations. To put it mildly they become UGLY.

The population can be controlled to avoid a bork plague by breaking one or both of the bone spikes off. If one is broken off it will regenerate in a month, the bork being able to reproduce in the next cycle. If both are broken off the bork become sterile.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Life:

A bork is really only a borklet for the first week of it's life. After that it is a juvenile bork where it will remain for 15 years. On it's 15th year it will grow to adulthood and continue to live for a month giving birth to and raiseing (remember only a week) a litter after which it dies.

If the accelerant in the growth node is used the bork will live for a number of MONTHS that it had left in years. (i.e. a bork has lived for 5 years after which it's hanlder breaks its growth node, the bork will now live for 10 months)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

abtex wrote:
Cat Of Many Faces wrote:Frenzy: Frenzy is a dark red liquid that if given to a bork causes an extreme transformation into a ravening monster on par with some war mounts. This transformation occurs in just a few minutes (1d6+1 basically enough time to administer it to several and leave). frenzy is used as a last ditch defense by the resistance. especially as the shock to a borks system from this transformation kills them in about an hour. (sorry i'm too lasy to write the stats of a frenzy bork)

Run!!! RUN!!! Someone dumped a jug of Frenzy in the bork feeding pens. They have break lose and they coming this way. Run!! RUN!!

You mean that no way to stop them?

Yes. The bork are coming and Resistance is Futile!!

Your ideas are good. I did have thoughts of some borks being raised to be War Hogs or Borks. Some may have been pets to young Splicers and upgraded to War Mounts.

Yeah... Your base are belong to us!!!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Warrior_Monk wrote:Just like pot-belly pigs. They could dress them up -or- have themselves a bork show. Have all the owners run them across a stage and have a competition for 'WHO HAS THE BEST BORK!'

the possibilities are endless.

Winner of the uglies bork the guy who caused it to split regenerate twice and has one of the "middle" pieces.
Winner of the cutest bork the little girl who removed the growth node.

Oh by the way careful when picking up your borklings by their handle. When a creature becomes paralyzed it often defecates and urinates. Kind of a good thing since you don't really want to travel with something that is... uh full. So you get all your borklets "outside" and you pick them up by there handle before transporting them. Good thing for that pet too. I always hate it when my dog goes outside and take 30 minutes to find a place to take a dump. Don't have that problem with borks. If it's taking too long go outside with it and grab it's handle. But like humans the adults, not having the "handle", won't always go and so are often full of it. :D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

:x HEY no one like or hate my suggestions enough to comment on them?
just kidding on the flame :D
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

I figured Rats, mutant rats, fugus and the like is what ppl grow.
Of course you could have the seedlings themselves expel potein/vitimin pastes to feed the people.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “Splicers®”