Board index » MDC Worlds » Splicers®

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:00 am

Hero

LostOne wrote:
Slight001 wrote:
There was an interesting metal eating metabolism that was written up here on the forms. It basically used an enzyme to break down the metal into pools of liquid metal that it would then consume.

I would be interested in reading that if someone can link it.

Slagovore, seems to be what I was remembering...

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:43 am

Champion

Slight001 wrote:
LostOne wrote:
Slight001 wrote:
There was an interesting metal eating metabolism that was written up here on the forms. It basically used an enzyme to break down the metal into pools of liquid metal that it would then consume.

I would be interested in reading that if someone can link it.

Slagovore, seems to be what I was remembering...

Interesting. I'd resurrect the thread if it was more recent, but it's nearly 10 years old...

"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:27 pm

Hero

flash-bulb attachment! basically a flashbulb type attachment to stun machines!
perquisite-light cell. could this work as a weapon?

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:07 am

Palladin

depends what you mean by stun.

it's hard to imagine a light so bright it would "stun" the machines (which likely don't have the same vulnerability to excessive stimulus as humans) without, say, vaporising everything nearby.

on the other hand, overwhelming their visual sensory apparatus and forcing them to rely on most likely less precise senses sounds like something you could definitely pull off against most machines.. theoretically. i mean, they need photoreceptors of some sort to see, and it's not hard to believe those photoreceptors would be vulnerable to bright lights.

can't recall if the machine has polarized optics by default or not, but anything that doesn't could presumably be blinded for at least a while (considering the machine's proficiency in nanotechnology and ability to recover from other disabling effects, i figure they've got to have some built-in basic repair systems, the limitations of which are pre-emptively factored into their MDC and such).

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:26 am

Champion

I assumed he meant like flash-bangs used in movies to blind and deafen and disorient targets in a room during tactical assaults.

"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:49 am

Hero

Shark_Force wrote:

it's hard to imagine a light so bright it would "stun" the machines (which likely don't have the same vulnerability to excessive stimulus as humans) without, say, vaporising everything nearby.

on the other hand, overwhelming their visual sensory apparatus and forcing them to rely on most likely less precise senses sounds like something you could definitely pull off against most machines.. theoretically. i mean, they need photoreceptors of some sort to see, and it's not hard to believe those photoreceptors would be vulnerable to bright lights.

can't recall if the machine has polarized optics by default or not, but anything that doesn't could presumably be blinded for at least a while (considering the machine's proficiency in nanotechnology and ability to recover from other disabling effects, i figure they've got to have some built-in basic repair systems, the limitations of which are pre-emptively factored into their MDC and such).

Sorry, I meant for the effect of the flash -bulb bio-technology to be blinding the machine.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:53 pm

Hero

Bone hammer and anvil to squash machines?

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:59 am

Hero

Gum spuer-shoots out sticky gum to stop/slow down the machine forces!

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:01 pm

Hero

Living caltrops?

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:22 am

Champion

Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!
abe wrote:
Living caltrops?

Or a 'spike-seed' type? I can picture a Scarecrow, being persued, casts a sall handful of golfball-sized seeds behind him & a second later the shells erupt in 2d6 spikes....

Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:48 pm

Hero

Alligator beartraps that only attack the machine and gain nutrients from the ground that they are planted in?

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:58 am

Explorer

abe wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:

Sorry, I meant for the effect of the flash -bulb bio-technology to be blinding the machine.

3 years late, but it could be a sequence of flashing lights in a variety of spectrum, to make the polarized optics fail, effectively blinding for a melee round as it adjusts.