Host Armor and Skills

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Host Armor and Skills

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

When you are in your HA, you and it are one. It has instinctive skills that you get to use as long as you are in the HA and "your" skill is not higher. All of your skills are those of the HA while you are wearing it, correct?
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Host Armor and Skills

Unread post by Shark_Force »

just to be clear (your question left some doubt in my mind as to what you mean):

when you are in a host armour, you have access to any skills or abilities the host armour provides (which is usually stuff like tracking by smell or recognizing plants) plus your own skills. (note that some skills should probably suffer penalties while in a host armour, however... for example, it is recommended that you not attempt the use of your seduction skill. on the other hand, maybe your chosen target is into that sort of thing).
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

What happens in the bao house stays in the bao house.
RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

I guess where I was going with this is that if your HA has wilderness survival, you don't need it as long as you are in your armor, right? Then, if skills are "shared", would the skill of fasting work with/on the HA so you can do long range patrols deep in the Machine's territory without trying to find "food" every day?
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

RiftJunkie wrote:I guess where I was going with this is that if your HA has wilderness survival, you don't need it as long as you are in your armor, right? Then, if skills are "shared", would the skill of fasting work with/on the HA so you can do long range patrols deep in the Machine's territory without trying to find "food" every day?

I would say no.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Highest of the two
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.

Return to “Splicers®”