Board index » MDC Worlds » Splicers®

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Adventurer

I just watched How to train your dragon and personally I find it to be a good movie. But what caught my attention was that the dragons were ORGANIC, not magical, therefore making them splicable. After further research, I've come up with several rough bio-enhancement ideas based from the dragons.

+Retractable teeth

+Bio energy/combustible element that explodes on impact, (Nightfury breathe weapon)
Perquisite: retractable teeth, so as to prevent the projectile getting caught on the teeth and exploding inside the mouth.

+Combat tail that is able to launch spikes that coat the tail, can be made to inject venom with upgrade.

+Fire Jacket: a sticky, gooey fire (like Greek fire or napalm) that is excreted through special pores, giving it a fiery coating without harming the Host Armor.
Perquisite: Resistance to heat.

+Launch piping hot small spikes from the mouth. They are launched when the projectile in the stomach get ejected from gases built up.

+ Spirals of Teeth in the throat, used for chewing the prey even after being swallowed.

+Two mouthed tentacles, one that breathes out a gas, the other lights it up with sparks, thus casting explosions upon the threat.

+Very sharp wings used to chop off heads, torsos, antennas, etch.

This also got me thinking of Splicers in volcanic areas (What I would give to see a Host armor that can project magma.)

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

89er wrote:
I just watched How to train your dragon and personally I find it to be a good movie. But what caught my attention was that the dragons were ORGANIC, not magical, therefore making them splicable. After further research, I've come up with several rough bio-enhancement ideas based from the dragons.

+Retractable teeth

+Bio energy/combustible element that explodes on impact, (Nightfury breathe weapon)
Perquisite: retractable teeth, so as to prevent the projectile getting caught on the teeth and exploding inside the mouth.

+Combat tail that is able to launch spikes that coat the tail, can be made to inject venom with upgrade.

+Fire Jacket: a sticky, gooey fire (like Greek fire or napalm) that is excreted through special pores, giving it a fiery coating without harming the Host Armor.

+Launch piping hot small spikes from the mouth. They are launched when the projectile in the stomach get ejected from gases built up.

+ Spirals of Teeth in the throat, used for chewing the prey even after being swallowed.

+Two mouthed tentacles, one that breathes out a gas, the other lights it up with sparks, thus casting explosions upon the threat.

This also got me thinking of Splicers in volcanic areas (What I would give to see a Host armor that can project magma.)

Awesome Ideas 89er! I haven't seen the movie yet, but after reading your post you have raised my eyebrow and will likely go sneak a peak, gotta grab the nephew for cover though. :lol:

BTW, wait till you see what we did with the Skullcracker Warmount, you might get some of your wish list.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:20 am

Hero

Premier wrote:
89er wrote:

+Retractable teeth

Awesome Ideas 89er! I haven't seen the movie yet, but after reading your post you have raised my eyebrow and will likely go sneak a peak, gotta grab the nephew for cover though. :lol:

BTW, wait till you see what we did with the Skullcracker Warmount, you might get some of your wish list.

The teasing never ends. do want.

amodernheathen wrote:
If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:09 pm

D-Bee

Damn, I though How to train your dragon was a kids movie so I never watched it (even though I'm a huge sucker for dragons).
Now, reading your post makes me want to check it out!

Great ideas BTW 8)

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:56 am

Wanderer

Dragon Spirit wrote:
Damn, I though How to train your dragon was a kids movie so I never watched it (even though I'm a huge sucker for dragons).
Now, reading your post makes me want to check it out!

Great ideas BTW 8)

They're kids movies, but they're not bad for adults, either... there's some stuff that goes over kids' heads, that you'll catch.