Replacing S.D.C. & H.P.s with M.D.C.

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SirSpamHammer
Explorer

Replacing S.D.C. & H.P.s with M.D.C.

Unread post by SirSpamHammer »

After calculating that my character has 16 H.P.s, I checked my die rolls on the Mutant R.C.C. tables (page 128, 129, & 130 of the Australian World Book.) getting Feline Animal Features on the Physical Deformity table (I chose to go all the way with that afterwards.) and then I rolled Natural Spell Caster on the Special Mutant Powers Table and now I change my character H.P.s into M.D.C. (Or in their words my character's Hit Points count as M.D.C.) making my character a natural, light Mega-Damage Being.

So my character has 16 M.D.C. Instead of 16 Hit Points? I'm not really sure.

Should I even bother with S.D.C. which I haven't added yet?

Next, I check my roll on the Additional Special Abilities Table and it turns out to be Major M.D.C. Creature. That says... Turn H.P.s only +1d4X10 (I rolled a 3 here.) into Physical M.D.

Does this mean I scrap my character's H.P.s, S.D.C. and give him a M.D.C. of 46?

BTW, I'm going with Body Fixer. A Out Back version of the Body Fixer even though they are supposedly rare and even rarer as a Mutant Animal Man.
dreicunan
Hero

Re: Replacing S.D.C. & H.P.s with M.D.C.

Unread post by dreicunan »

Check with your GM and see if they want to give you the benefit of both (in many groups I played with in the past, the GMs would have said that you got the benefit of both, in other words 16 MDC from the minor, then 16+30 for the major, for a total of 62). If they don't give you the benefit of both, then you'd just have 46. We'd also have let you get 1 extra MDC if you could have gotten 100 SDC from skills and the RCC.
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

I'm just rolling up a test character for the hell of it. I may use it as N.P.C. if I decide to run a game myself. Anyway, If it was up to me as the GM. Then, I would let the player have both added together.

Yet, once I converted those hit-points, they become M.D.C. or M.D. Points?
dreicunan
Hero

SirSpamHammer wrote:I'm just rolling up a test character for the hell of it. I may use it as N.P.C. if I decide to run a game myself. Anyway, If it was up to me as the GM. Then, I would let the player have both added together.

Yet, once I converted those hit-points, they become M.D.C. or M.D. Points?

Essentially, yes. You wouldn'tt have both HP and MDC, just one or the other.
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

Thanks. That cleared up a lot for me.
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

Just one more question on that subject. Do I still get to add to it per Level and if I do then at what rate? Because when it was still h. p.'s it was 1d6 Per level. If I add that now as more M.D.C points, they might be getting a huge bonus unless I convert it to h.p.'s first and only add it. Lets say when I reach 100 h.p.'s, it becomes 1 more point of M.D.C.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Well it's you HP that's getting upgraded to MDC. So due to your power you get 1d6 MDC you level up.
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

That's very OP, but I I can live with that.
dreicunan
Hero

SirSpamHammer wrote:That's very OP, but I I can live with that.

It isn't really that OP, when you are facing enemies with MD weapons.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Alway, Always,Always build out your char fully before making conversions. The char might run into some weird effect that will negate the power/magic that turns them MDC. Other things that will do this is 'going to a SDC setting'. This way You the Player will already have the HP/SDC stats for your char already on your char sheet.

If the Text says to turn the char's HP into MDC, then only the HP is turned into MDC.

If there is a amount descepancy then Only the higher value is used. Thus going with the example given the char would only have 46 MDC.

Level Up HP....are converted to MDC for the example char, because the powers are converting the HP into MDC.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”