Supernatural creatures and faire food

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ankhr
D-Bee

Supernatural creatures and faire food

Unread post by Ankhr »

I was wondering about a god eating faire food. I know a few are accompanied by them. Are they rolling like the other characters? Do supernatural beings get any save? I was just wondering. I hope this makes sense as a decent question. Thanks.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Supernatural creatures and faire food

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Ankhr wrote:I was wondering about a god eating faire food. I know a few are accompanied by them. Are they rolling like the other characters? Do supernatural beings get any save? I was just wondering. I hope this makes sense as a decent question. Thanks.

Palladium Fantasy main book, second edition, page 260. Eating farie food has the same save save as other farie magic, vs 16.

Gods and Supernatural Beings get the same saving throw as anyone else. Gods are not naturally immune to magic, and in fact their entries invarably list magic as one of the few things that CAN effect them.

They tend to have fantastic stats on top of fantastic innate bonus's, so Gods and Supernatural beings will usually be highly resistant to farie food, but they can fail the save like anyone else.

Generally speaking, if a God sits down for a feast at a Farie Court, they will probablly be fine for the first course or two, maybe three, but aas the night wears on the magical effects will eventually start getting through their bonus's. Even Thor is going to keel over eventually if he keeps drinking farie Sole Wine, but his massive save bonus's means it's going to take a solid night of drinking to get to that point on average.

It's also possible they get effected on the first taste, which can be hilarious.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”