BtS Ghost Hunter in Rifts

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

spookyc
D-Bee
Comment: I am a meat popsicle.

BtS Ghost Hunter in Rifts

Unread post by spookyc »

I'm creating an NPC for a Rifts campaign who is, as the title suggests, a Ghost Hunter from BtS. My question is, would I continue to use the same ISP rules in the Rifts setting? Meaning, starting ISP being very low and multiplying based on threat level. That's the route I'm going, but the new edition of BtS doesn't have rules for converting the Ghost Hunter or for the new ISP system.

Thanks!
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: BtS Ghost Hunter in Rifts

Unread post by Bill »

Rifts Conversion Book One Revised, page 59, offers specific adjustments for many BtS classes; though not the Ghost Hunter. Most of the other psionic classes double their ISP and gain some additional thematically appropriate powers. I recommend that you use those as a guideline and fake it. Since it's an NPC, I wouldn't worry too much about everything being book legal.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The conversions in both RCB1 and RCB1r are for BTS1. So because of the changes in the gaming systems for BTS2 the conversion book text is non-applicable to the BTS2 CC's.

Giving the BTS2's PCC's a doubled ISP base is about as far I would recommend w/o rereading the BTS2 book and contemplating over it for a while.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

spookyc wrote:I'm creating an NPC for a Rifts campaign who is, as the title suggests, a Ghost Hunter from BtS. My question is, would I continue to use the same ISP rules in the Rifts setting? Meaning, starting ISP being very low and multiplying based on threat level. That's the route I'm going, but the new edition of BtS doesn't have rules for converting the Ghost Hunter or for the new ISP system.

Thanks!

This actually works pretty well.
Especially if you remember that there is probably no place on Earth now days that is not so involved with the supernatural to count as, at least, 'Investigation'....
And considering the sheer number of things like ghosts, entities, essence fragments and the like.....

It would not be out of line to be a x3 or x4 all the time since you will be almost always in the presence of the supernatural and the like....
And if you have something in your party........What? PC dragon hatchling? Welcome to permanent high level multiplier-vile. Popluation you.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
spookyc
D-Bee
Comment: I am a meat popsicle.

Unread post by spookyc »

Thanks for all the advice! I have plenty to go on :)

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”