Non-Human IQ over 30

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Non-Human IQ over 30

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Is there any text that covers any bonuses for non-humans with an IQ over 30?

EDIT: In the hu book it says that obvious gods and aliens could have a IQ stat over 30.(along with ME, MA, &PB)
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Non-Human IQ over 30

Unread post by Bill »

Not that I am aware of. How would it be different from human IQ?
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Though not canon the Tmnt game has stats for attribute over 30
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Is there any text that covers any bonuses for non-humans with an IQ over 30?

Why would they need different rules? :-?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Bonuses continued under that gamelines attribute tables.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Is there any text that covers any bonuses for non-humans with an IQ over 30?

EDIT: In the hu book it says that obvious gods and aliens could have a IQ stat over 30.(along with ME, MA, &PB)

The text on pg 15 (HU 2E) "the only exception might be a god and aliens (which are clearly not normal humans). This will be extremely rare, but not impossible. User your discretion."

The text in Rifts UE Book (pg284) allows the 30+ to apply to "rare among human characters, but common among supernatural beings and other unnatural creatures, to have an attribute that goes off the standard chart." So aliens and gods fall in this description, it is repeated in 2E RT Main Book, not sure if it appears anywhere in a HU specific book.

If you don't like the Rifts UE take, you can extrapolate the 16-30 range beyond 30 using a formula that progresses at the same rate (will work for any attribute really).

say652 wrote:Though not canon the Tmnt game has stats for attribute over 30

So does Rifts, and RT 2E, and it is part of HU2E. The TMNT stat progression chart though is a bit different in that "Dodge" comes from Spd and not PP.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I used the RUE IQ over 30 text.
-------
The char's IQ turned out to be 45. Via RUE's text that is +22% and via the TMNT it would be +32%. A 10% point difference, but except for scroll conversions *shrugs* most of the ending skill %'s were within top fifth of the % scale.

Besides was only putting it together for fun.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Had someone roll 35 for IQ just the other day. I'm giving them +1 initiative for their natural quick thinking and the Total Recall ability at no ISP cost, because that's amazing.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”