Penalties for different effects

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Fermat
Explorer

Penalties for different effects

Unread post by Fermat »

I've found a few different versions of penalties on certain states (sometimes within the same book). I wonder if there are any firm rules on these, although in this case its seems to be a problem of too many rules, rather than a lack thereof.
a. Fighting while prone
b. Nausea
c. Dazed
d. Stunned
e. Deaf
f. Dizzy
g. Electrocuted/Tazed
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Penalties for different effects

Unread post by The Beast »

Fermat wrote:I've found a few different versions of penalties on certain states (sometimes within the same book). I wonder if there are any firm rules on these, although in this case its seems to be a problem of too many rules, rather than a lack thereof.
a. Fighting while prone
b. Nausea
c. Dazed
d. Stunned
e. Deaf
f. Dizzy
g. Electrocuted/Tazed

Rifter 3 has optional rules for ground fighting. I don't recall if any of the others are in there as well. I do know that a couple of them have been covered by a spell or psychic power throughout the Megaverse. IIRC, D should be in the main book of whatever game you're playing under the Combat Terms section.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Penalties for different effects

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Some of the effects though may be based on context they are written in. Meaning that some factor(s) in context can allow for a different set of penalties than something else that has the same end effect (dizzy, electrocution, stun, etc), but have different "power levels".

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”