What are Pain & Drug Save Attributes?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RedHarlequin
Newb

What are Pain & Drug Save Attributes?

Unread post by RedHarlequin »

Where in the books, specifically Heroes Unlimited & Rifts is the attribute for Pain & Drug listed? I'm thinking Pain is off M.E. & Drugs off P.E. but not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: What are Pain & Drug Save Attributes?

Unread post by say652 »

Drugs are poison.
Pain?? Um...I....uh.....ummmm.....
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Pain: 14+ (16+ in Rifts)

There is no attribute given to give a bonus.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

I tend to make it an ME save.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

For pain In my game I add pe bonus to the save, but I give females +3 vs pain.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Pain is only in your mind, unless your really tough. I'd go with PE or ME, whichever is higher.

For drugs it's PE.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

say652 wrote:For pain In my game I add pe bonus to the save, but I give females +3 vs pain.

Wow, i thought i was the only one giving females a + to pain (though i only gave them a +2) :-D
The Dragon Has Spoken
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Get tatted with your girl, she'll show what tough looks like. Lol.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

The idea that women should get a bonus to save vs pain seems to recur a lot and I find it to be chuckle-inducing.

Something to do with "childbirth is the most painful thing in the world, they must be tougher" I guess? Never mind that there's a hormonal release to counter-act a lot of it, and all the men who continue to exist after suffering very painful injuries in dangerous lines of work.

Pro wrestling is painful work, now take a look at the bumps men take and the bumps women take. There are certainly very tough women out there (I love ODB), but when you look at the upper echelon, the difference in abuse that we've seen the best work up to is distinctly different.

+1 to PS, +1 to Spd, and +1 to save vs pain for male characters please. I think I'm being pretty conservative here. =/

To balance things out, +1 to Maintain Balance and +1 to roll with impact for females due to the lower centre of mass, a +1 to PB and (kinda like elves) they'll have a slightly longer lifespan, may account for some extras months as a Splugorth Maxi-Killer Juicer.

There's also that whole getting more PPE/MDC from magic tattoos.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I would just say.....there are tough men and tough women, and wimpy men and wimpy women. No flat bonus to anything since the whole stat thing is to make 'average' people.....
I might allow someone to maybe pick one bonus off of a short list (so some people are tougher vs pain, some are able to balance, others can pull blows, or react quicker or what ever.....) but probably not. If you want bonuses...find something to take that provides them or RP it out enough that the GM wont bother to make you roll.......
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”