Dragons and extended activities

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LordFlameStryke
Newb

Dragons and extended activities

Unread post by LordFlameStryke »

I've noticed that in the sections on dragons in the various books and supplements, it says that dragons can stay awake for weeks, but doesn't say how long they can stay awake for. It also says that they sleep for long periods, but again, not how long. I have come up with a (rather complicated looking but actually fairly simple) system to determine how long they can stay awake, and how long they must sleep afterwards. Here is my proposal, and some examples.

A dragon can stay awake for a maximum number of days equal to its PE attribute, then must sleep for 1/4 of that time (6 hours per day), modified by its PE attribute. The equasion is as follows:

Code: Select all

Max days awake = PE
Min sleep = Days awake / 4 * (100 - PE)%

For example, take 3 dragons, one with a PE of 15, one with a PE of 25, and one with a PE of 50.

The first dragon would be able to stay awake for 15 days straight, and then need 15 / 4 days, or 3.75 days * (100-15)%, or 85%, for a total of 3.1875 days, which is 3 days and 4.5 hours.

The second dragon, staying awake for the same 15 days, would need 3.75 * (100-25)%, or 75%, for a total of 2 days and 19.5 hours. It could stay awake for a maximum of 25 days and require 4 days and 16.5 hours.

The third dragon, again staying awake for 15 days, would need 3.75 * 50%, for a total of 1 day and 14.25 hours of sleep. If it stayed awake for 25 days, it would need 3 days and 3 hours. It could stay awake for a maximum of 50 days and need 6 days and 6 hours rest afterwards.

What do people think? Does this sound like a viable option, or do you think it's too complicated? I would love to get an official ruling on this, one way or another. It wouldn't come into effect very often, but think if you had an adventuring party coming across a dragon's lair and it's at the end of its endurance and just has to sleep; or if you play a dragon and want to know how many consecutive days it could travel with the group and consecutive nights standing watch.
Lord Flame Stryke

--
DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Phwalt Sks Cbk,ere' Bfl A+++! Fr+++ Nm M+ O H+ $ Fc~ R+++! Ac+++ J+ S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++ E++
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Dragons and extended activities

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

So... what causes there centuries long slumber that they may enter into?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”