Using two psychic powers at the same time in HU2

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Bones
Wanderer
Location: Beaverton, Oregon, US, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group

Using two psychic powers at the same time in HU2

Unread post by Bones »

I would like to ask a question to the experts here.
Is there any psychic power or skill specifically for psychics that would allow you to use two psychic powers at the same time?
ex. You activate one power on the first round such as psi-sword from HU2 and then on the next round you activate intuitive combat from PU1 so they are both running at the same time. Please say there is a way to do this. My GM likes to stick to the book.
flatline
Knight

Re: Using two psychic powers at the same time in HU2

Unread post by flatline »

I'm not aware that there's any limit to how many psi powers someone can have active at the same time.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Unless the description said otherwise, you should be able to use more than one at the same time.
Bones
Wanderer
Location: Beaverton, Oregon, US, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group

Unread post by Bones »

Well, the description of Intuitive Combat says that you cannot use any other powers while using it, but Psi-Sword lasts for 5 minutes per level. So if you activate the Psi-Sword first will it just keep going even if you're not concentrating on it and then you can also activate Intuitive Combat?
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Then you have your answer.
N. O.
VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by VR Dragon »

Yeah you can use more than one psi power at a time if it is ISP based powers. If you are using animal psionics like those listed in the After the Bomb RPG the you only can use one at a time.

Now the issue of using other psi powers with the telepathic combat power....all the groups I know white out that line. Or any powers active before the combat power its turned on stay active since you already paid for them.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

If OP really wants both at once, there are a couple ways.

Some rune weapons can create psi-swords. Or if you had a Psymbiote inside your body it could make one for you, while you used Intuitive combat.

Also if Psi-Sword were built into a Gizmoteer or Psi-Mechanic weapon it would be the device using the power, not you (you would just be feedin it ISP) so that might bypass the restriction.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Bones wrote:Well, the description of Intuitive Combat says that you cannot use any other powers while using it, but Psi-Sword lasts for 5 minutes per level. So if you activate the Psi-Sword first will it just keep going even if you're not concentrating on it and then you can also activate Intuitive Combat?
My thoughts would be yes, that would be fine. Summoning it is a power, but after that it is a thing that you have. It does not take concentration to maintain.

Though I'd consider ruling differently for Cyberknight since it functions a little different, but that just feels like a jerk move. Alternately, being formes from will it might be even easier for them to maintain. Meh, disregard this paragraph. I leave it up as a window into my thought processes.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Tor was talking about the pionic Gizmoteer RCC from the South America 2 Rifts Worldbook not Gizmoteers OCCs in the Ninja and Superspies book.

The is also that if the Char finds a 'crystal magic' device (pf: island at the edge of the world) they could use that (if it's power mimiced a psi power).
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”