Cyber Knights And ISP

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

EszrahCain
Newb

Cyber Knights And ISP

Unread post by EszrahCain »

So....its been years since I have played Rifts and I would like to get some clarification. This is my first time playing a Psionic Based Character (usually just stick with simple things) and I am vastly confused.

Im looking in the Coalition Wars Book 4 and it says "If character is psychic roll etc" then a little further on it says look at page 12 if your character is psychic and follow that.

So my question stems...do I add both the ISP's together and have one massive pool? Or........ What Also it says that there is an option for a master psychic but I don't see how you can roll that. I assume that is from specific races and such but I could be wrong.

As I said its been years.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Cyber Knights And ISP

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Whichever is higher
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

EszrahCain wrote:So....its been years since I have played Rifts and I would like to get some clarification. This is my first time playing a Psionic Based Character (usually just stick with simple things) and I am vastly confused.

Im looking in the Coalition Wars Book 4 and it says "If character is psychic roll etc" then a little further on it says look at page 12 if your character is psychic and follow that.

So my question stems...do I add both the ISP's together and have one massive pool? Or........ What Also it says that there is an option for a master psychic but I don't see how you can roll that. I assume that is from specific races and such but I could be wrong.

Rifts Ultimate Edition clarifies it with a new chart that all CK's roll on regardless of race, it goes all the way up to master.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

EszrahCain wrote:So....its been years since I have played Rifts and I would like to get some clarification. This is my first time playing a Psionic Based Character (usually just stick with simple things) and I am vastly confused.

No you do not add the ISP pools together. pg12 is a reference to the Rifts Main Book. That ISP is for classes that are not Psychic (ex. Rogue Scholar). This reference is more for the number of powers that one takes as a Major Psychic as you can either get 8 powers from one category or 6 from 3 categories.

The ISP of a Cyber-Knight per SoT4:
pg23 has the value for a CK who is not psychic to begin with, this is part of a change from RMB as it allows the "revised" CK to use Psi-Shield as ALL Knights have the same 3 base powers, regardless of Psychic level due to training, Psi-Sword/Psi-Shield/Meditation (Psi-Shield is the only one which has an ISP cost).
pg24 has the value for a CK who is a Major Psychic.

Though I agree w/the others RUE cleans things up a bit.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

As of Sot4 it was both so there was grounds to argue for stacking but agreed RUE replaces with the new Sot4 style which is fine since it was better.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”