Dead Reign - What are O.C.C. Related Skills?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Desperado
D-Bee

Dead Reign - What are O.C.C. Related Skills?

Unread post by Desperado »

In sourcebook three, it mentions that civilians trained as soldiers since the apocalypse do not get "O.C.C. Related or Secondary Skills." I can find no reference to an O.C.C. Related Skill in any of my other Dead Reign books. Can anyone clarify this for me? I want to run a civilians-turned-soldiers game.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Dead Reign - What are O.C.C. Related Skills?

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

OCC related and secondary skills are additional skills that are selected by the players to fill out their training. I think that (and I'm just guessing as I don't have the dead reign book) that civilians who turn soldier just hey the soldier OCC skills that all soldiers get, while their related and secondaries would be basedoff the civilian OCC. make sense?
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Desperado
D-Bee

Skills in Dead Reign are broken up into O.C.C. Skills, Elective Skills, and Secondary Skills. What you're describing sounds like the Elective Skills. I'm beginning to suspect that that is the correct interpretation of the rule (Elective and Secondary Skills as per the Survivor O.C.C.), but I'm hoping someone can confirm that for me.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

elective would be related, logically.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Desperado wrote:Skills in Dead Reign are broken up into O.C.C. Skills, Elective Skills, and Secondary Skills. What you're describing sounds like the Elective Skills. I'm beginning to suspect that that is the correct interpretation of the rule (Elective and Secondary Skills as per the Survivor O.C.C.), but I'm hoping someone can confirm that for me.

I don't have Dead Reign. However, you may be looking at an example of something that should have been caught in editing. In most lines "Elective Skills" are known as OCC Related Skills (RIfts, 2E RT, PF2E) or Other Skills (HU2E, RT1E).
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There are are only the skill programs and 2ndary skills in HU2, along with any skills the char gets from the power category.

since I don't have DR.....
Oh my shiny fur. PB when really old school and brought the term 'elective skills' back from the grave. They had retired that term with PFRPG 1st ed.
Well it is DR so a bit of term necromancy seams appropriate.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Desperado
D-Bee

ShadowLogan wrote:
Desperado wrote:Skills in Dead Reign are broken up into O.C.C. Skills, Elective Skills, and Secondary Skills. What you're describing sounds like the Elective Skills. I'm beginning to suspect that that is the correct interpretation of the rule (Elective and Secondary Skills as per the Survivor O.C.C.), but I'm hoping someone can confirm that for me.

I don't have Dead Reign. However, you may be looking at an example of something that should have been caught in editing. In most lines "Elective Skills" are known as OCC Related Skills (RIfts, 2E RT, PF2E) or Other Skills (HU2E, RT1E).

Accepted Reply.
Thanks everyone. This is what I suspected, and now I have confirmation.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”