What constitutes blood?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

What constitutes blood?

Unread post by psam_rage »

So question that came up:
Dhampir (Rifter 49) has the Blood Scenting ability (pg 84, rifter 49) can they only smell humans and other creatures susceptible to being turned? It says every living being with blood, but half my group is arguing that bugs (SF army ants in this case) don't have "blood" since bug blood isn't like human blood and thus is an ichor and thus I cant scent jack diddly.

So what can I or can't I smell? Demons bleed (Ichor again though) as do Deevils, Dragons, Plant People (Sap is technically blood though I personally think this is going to far), Zentradi/Wormwood born humans (MDC humans), Dog boys? They all (possibly excluding the plant) have blood.

Secondary question if I have the SPECIFIC ability to sense these lifeforms and can ID, Track, and analyze the diets of any individual I can scent via this ability, does anything say that I will be overwhelmed if I enter a city or building with many lifeforms?

(I'll be honest this is mostly seeming like a case of my party trying to limit my capabilities so the close combat ghost won't be able to stand up when compared to the RPA pilot or Malvoren...)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: What constitutes blood?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

When all else fails fall back to the dictionary definition, which is that blood is any substance that carries oxygen and nutrients to the body and carries waste away from. Ant blood is different but still blood.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: What constitutes blood?

Unread post by Jefffar »

The definition of blood varies a bit place to place, but in regards to insects, instead of blood they have Hemolymph
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”