What are the Alien Intelligences on Rifts earth?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Do you make Original Alien Intelligence?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: What are the Alien Intelligences on Rifts earth?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

gaby wrote:What are the Alien Intelligences on Rifts earth?

They are...alien intelligences. They are the catagory, they don't really have sub-catagories.

Do you make Original Alien Intelligence?

Occasionally
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Well, Splugorth / Vampire Intelligence / Zlyphan / Soul Worm might count as subcategories since they're races of AIs as opposed to the one-of-a-kind NPCS.

I guess we could categorize them based on what natural abilities they have per D+G.

It does specify those who can't make essence fragments usually get called 'lesser' AIs.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Thanks for info.

Well I think all Alien Intelligences can make Pact Witchs,the thing is how to make the AI and ther Witchs different from each Other,any ideas?

Maybe in Palladium fantasyrpg,s Mysteries of Magic2:Dark magicks will have some thing more then just a reprited of the Pact witch.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

gaby wrote:Thanks for info.

Well I think all Alien Intelligences can make Pact Witchs,the thing is how to make the AI and ther Witchs different from each Other,any ideas?

Maybe in Palladium fantasyrpg,s Mysteries of Magic2:Dark magicks will have some thing more then just a reprited of the Pact witch.

Witchcraft is a pretty standard thing, however sinse the magic available to each AI is different what spells they grant through a pact of union is also different.

being able to create a unique witch variant is a rare ability and those who can do so are special. Nxla, The Liberator, and Vampire Intelligences are a few examples of those with special pacts.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Soul Harvesters are not witches, Nxla may impart some magical knowledge and abilities but it doesn't say anything about him being able to revoke them. Same with the Liberator's Corrupt. Similar to Witches, definitely, but not Witches. I'd say the Reapers from Shadows of Light would be closer since they can lose their powers if their master is slain, and presumably the master could revoke them I guess.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Tor wrote:Soul Harvesters are not witches, Nxla may impart some magical knowledge and abilities but it doesn't say anything about him being able to revoke them. Same with the Liberator's Corrupt. Similar to Witches, definitely, but not Witches. I'd say the Reapers from Shadows of Light would be closer since they can lose their powers if their master is slain, and presumably the master could revoke them I guess.

True, though that begs a question. Are the "Mystically bestowed by a demon/devil" lord in armageddon unlimited a type of witchcraft? they involve signing the same sort of contract and are revokable.

eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Tor wrote:Soul Harvesters are not witches, Nxla may impart some magical knowledge and abilities but it doesn't say anything about him being able to revoke them. Same with the Liberator's Corrupt. Similar to Witches, definitely, but not Witches. I'd say the Reapers from Shadows of Light would be closer since they can lose their powers if their master is slain, and presumably the master could revoke them I guess.

True, though that begs a question. Are the "Mystically bestowed by a demon/devil" lord in armageddon unlimited a type of witchcraft? they involve signing the same sort of contract and are revokable.

The Night Witches are also a good example here, as are the Khreegor Witches, and the Necron Witches.

Each is a witch...with a slightly specialized form of pact.
The Aunaiyn from South America are formed by making a pact
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

eliakon wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

The Night Witches are also a good example here, as are the Khreegor Witches, and the Necron Witches.

Well, yea...but they each have witch directly in the name, which is why they didn't need pointing out :lol: :D

eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
eliakon wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Well, yea...but they each have witch directly in the name, which is why they didn't need pointing out :lol: :D

No but I thought it was interesting to bring up the fact that there are a LOT of witches with 'non-standard' pacts....
Which would seem to suggest that its not exactly too rare (It may not be super common either, but there are enough outliers to suggest to me that the 'vanilla pacts' are just the easiest ones, not any sort of hard and fast limit)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

eliakon wrote:The Night Witches are also a good example here

I'm not aware of the OCC in Mystic Russia page 73 making a pact with anyone, so I figure this refers to a Pact Witch from Dark Conversions who makes a pact with a Nightlord, are they also called a Night Witch in the book?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Tor wrote:
eliakon wrote:The Night Witches are also a good example here

I'm not aware of the OCC in Mystic Russia page 73 making a pact with anyone, so I figure this refers to a Pact Witch from Dark Conversions who makes a pact with a Nightlord, are they also called a Night Witch in the book?

They are called the Nightlands Witch, not Night witch.

and you are correct, the Night witch is a learned form of magic.

Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Ah, it was close, no wonder I thought it might be the case.

Although I find it odd since if a Nightlord is hanging out on earth, there really isn't any actual link to the Nightlands so it's not an ideal name.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Tor wrote:Ah, it was close, no wonder I thought it might be the case.

Although I find it odd since if a Nightlord is hanging out on earth, there really isn't any actual link to the Nightlands so it's not an ideal name.

Likely because Dark Conversions came out 4 years after Mystic Russia, so the name Night Witch was already taken :D

pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

A god or devil would be more adept to grant a witch or shifter powers. Maybe!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Considering that the Nightlords were elevated by the Dark, you could just call them Dark Witches. Or maybe Ba'alwitches.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Tor wrote:Considering that the Nightlords were elevated by the Dark, you could just call them Dark Witches. Or maybe Ba'alwitches.

Except that its not exactly sure if they were all elevated directly by the Dark (or much of anything on their exact relationship with the Dark). There is enough contradictory, vague, or out right missing information to leave the matter open to different interpretations.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”