Seeking power armor in rifts for repair and salvage work.

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

wolfoflight
D-Bee

Seeking power armor in rifts for repair and salvage work.

Unread post by wolfoflight »

Hello I was wondering if there was any other salvage and repair power armors aside from the greasemonkey? I am trying to find a cheaper suit though.
pblackcrow
Champion

Re: Seeking power armor in rifts for repair and salvage work

Unread post by pblackcrow »

wolfoflight wrote:Hello I was wondering if there was any other salvage and repair power armors aside from the greasemonkey? I am trying to find a cheaper suit though.

Yes, TW's and Psytechs. But they usually charge more for them.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
wolfoflight
D-Bee

Unread post by wolfoflight »

pblackcrow wrote:
wolfoflight wrote:Hello I was wondering if there was any other salvage and repair power armors aside from the greasemonkey? I am trying to find a cheaper suit though.

Yes, TW's and Psytechs. But they usually charge more for them.

Not the question. Its about power armor that does the same job as the greasemonkey.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Getting a sense of deja-vu as I feel like I might have answered this, but the NGR Flanker seems well-suited to the task, and is very cheap power armor for the protection and capabilities it provides.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

level 5 edit
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

There is a note, I believe in the mining borg OCC write up, that the various tools can also be used as power armor systems. And then the Rusty Modular Power Armor from Rifts: Australia is designed to be modular and explicitly has stuff like winches, and other modules available....
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Tor wrote:Getting a sense of deja-vu as I feel like I might have answered this, but the NGR Flanker seems well-suited to the task, and is very cheap power armor for the protection and capabilities it provides.

WB5 for the XM-170 mentions the X-60 Flanker PA being part of the complement for just such a purpose.

Not being familiar with the Northern Gun Books I can not offer many suggestions. Naruni (Wave2) likely has something similar in concept IIRC, but Naruni is probably more expensive. Japan and Underseas also have salvage PA in mind, but availability and how they compare to the g-monkey I do not know. WB5 does have the repair/mechanics pod (pg119) for a cool 500k, but probably isn't as versatile as the PA. You could also just go with a suit of Powered Armor (maybe beefed up/customized), which is a different category that straddles the line between Power Armor and Body Armor.

What you could do is get a cheaper suit and modify it for the role you are looking at. Or with GM's approval build a Full Conversion Borg to do just what you want, but treat it as a suit of power armor (could also adapt the Robot Construction Rules in SB1 since they don't cover this aspect, or use the rules in HU which do cover piloted and convert the stats for an MDC universe). It Might not come out cheaper though unless the GM applies a cost modifier since the costs are for 'borg parts as PA parts might be cheaper (but per the 'bot RCC in SB1 the 'bot equivalents are more expensive than Bionics).

I would also add that sometimes the cost is high for a reason.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”