Minion War Questions

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Brayon
Explorer

Minion War Questions

Unread post by Brayon »

What books, in the correct order of publishing make up the Minion War series?

Is it?
1. Hades
2. Dyval
3. Dimensional Outbreak
4. Megaverse in Flames
"No, actually, as there's that really big special rule that overrides any other rules. You know, the one where if something looks stupid or limiting or otherwise hinders game play or fun the GM is free to change or discard the rule." - Nightmask
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: Minion War Questions

Unread post by Tor »

The Armageddon Unlimited sourcebook for HU fits in there somewhere.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I think it started in Paladium Fantasy with one or two books there.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Glistam wrote:I think it started in Paladium Fantasy with one or two books there.

Greetings and Salutations. Technically no Palladium Fantasy book is officially part of the Minion War series. With that said, yes, the origins for it are supposed to be from Land of the Damned (1 or 2, I can't remember which, sorry). As for the others ...

1: Hades (August 2007)
2: Dyval (March 2009)
3: Dimensional Outbreak (March 2010)
4: Heroes of the Megaverse (September 2010)
5: Armageddon Unlimited (February 2011)
6: Megaverse in Flames (Uh ... I haven't ordered my soft cover yet to check, but the "final" one*).

*Note: To my understanding, Megaverse in Flames doesn't actually end it, but is supposed to be continued in another Rifts book: Heroes of Humanity (or something like that) which is kind of an aftermath story (I think?).

I haven't really followed the Minion War story, but I do have most of the books (I just haven't bought any books for a couple of years due to finances, which is about to change). Also, I think the Minion War was supposed to be only five books (officially), with Heroes of the Megaverse more as a "Crossover" that ties into it, but not a direct part of it either (not 100% positive, but it does mention Minion Wars on the cover). All of those were First Printings, so that dates should be accurate for their order. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Prysus wrote:
Glistam wrote:I think it started in Paladium Fantasy with one or two books there.

Greetings and Salutations. Technically no Palladium Fantasy book is officially part of the Minion War series. With that said, yes, the origins for it are supposed to be from Land of the Damned (1 or 2, I can't remember which, sorry). As for the others ...

1: Hades (August 2007)
2: Dyval (March 2009)
3: Dimensional Outbreak (March 2010)
4: Heroes of the Megaverse (September 2010)
5: Armageddon Unlimited (February 2011)
6: Megaverse in Flames (Uh ... I haven't ordered my soft cover yet to check, but the "final" one*).

*Note: To my understanding, Megaverse in Flames doesn't actually end it, but is supposed to be continued in another Rifts book: Heroes of Humanity (or something like that) which is kind of an aftermath story (I think?).

I haven't really followed the Minion War story, but I do have most of the books (I just haven't bought any books for a couple of years due to finances, which is about to change). Also, I think the Minion War was supposed to be only five books (officially), with Heroes of the Megaverse more as a "Crossover" that ties into it, but not a direct part of it either (not 100% positive, but it does mention Minion Wars on the cover). All of those were First Printings, so that dates should be accurate for their order. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

You left out Land of the Damned 1, which is kind of the opening salvos (so to speak) in the PFRPG setting, and Dragons & Gods, which is more of the build-up to the war than the war itself. Having said that, neither of those two books are strictly dealing with the Minion War, just certain elements of the war.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Prysus wrote:Technically no Palladium Fantasy book is officially part of the Minion War series.

Although in spite of the 'Rifts Dimension Book' label there is strong reason to consider Hades/Dyval as PF sourcebooks since those dimensions were introduced in the PF line.

In fact I'm not even sure if they are necessarily MDC-fixed dimensions... the SDC stats given for demons/dyvals in the books might be interpreted in a sort of 'when they visit SDC dimensions' context but...

DB11(Dyval)p212 gives, besides MDC, some SDC/AR stats for the tentacles made by Soul Pools... which only exist in Dyval (and only on the Dais of Grim Mortis) so I figure this means that 'SDC settings' can include Dyval itself... or at the very least the Grim Mortis portion of it, which would not be odd since the place is so dimensionally-fluxed, having it rotate between MDC and SDC would be pretty cool. One moment, the puny dagger's 1-6 SDC does nothing... the next, MDC is out of play, and a Beast is suddenly hurt by it.

That or... there is some unknown way that Soul Pools might possibly exist in other dimensions besides Dyval...

Actually when I look for it, I can't find any actual restrictions on where Soul Pools can be made. Although the Dais is the only place which explicitly has them, they are 'scattered around Grim Mortis' so presumably they could exist below the Dais too... though I would presume in lesser concentrations (the Dais having the most tightly-packed ones).

Perhaps Sahtalus is able to create Soul Pools wherever he likes, without restriction, with his DGT. Perhaps he just focuses them on the Dais since that is the ideal place for them tactically to be.

There may well be fields of them surrounding his Mini-Tower outposts on other dimensions... and if they do not depend on Grim (a major purpose appears to be storing energy Grim can use, or souls Sahtalus needs to use the DGT to make dimensions) which I assume is the case since they are not mentioned as requiring Grim to work, that would mean they could even be made on worlds where there are no mini-tower outposts.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”