A Few Questions for the Megaverse

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Chrnos
Wanderer

A Few Questions for the Megaverse

Unread post by Chrnos »

Is there a Better way to do Armor Rating (A.R.) in the Megaverse?

Where can I find the Secondary Skills for PFRPG? (Book and Page)

What is the Burn Damage for fire if one chooses to stand in it and stay (Normal/Magic/Psionic)? (Book and Page)

Where can I find Melee and Range (modern and ancient) Combat Negative while fighting under (Rain/Snow/Hot/Cold) etc. (light/Med/Heavy) weather conditions? (Book and Page)

Where can i Find rules for leaping with in the books?

Thanks In Advance
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: A Few Questions for the Megaverse

Unread post by The Beast »

Chrnos wrote:Is there a Better way to do Armor Rating (A.R.) in the Megaverse?

A few people here have their own house rule for this. Can't say whose's is better because I've never tried any of them.

Where can I find the Secondary Skills for PFRPG? (Book and Page)

I'm guessing you mean what skills are restricted from Secondary Skills. Oddly I don't see the normal list. My copy's a 1st printing, so it may have been included in later printings, but until proven otherwise, I'd say as long as the skill isn't restricted in your class, all skills are available as secondary skills in PFRPG.

What is the Burn Damage for fire if one chooses to stand in it and stay (Normal/Magic/Psionic)? (Book and Page)

I've seen it vary by size, usually in increments of d6 per melee round. Magic & psychic powers will either do the same amount, or the amount listed in their description. I think I've seen torches doing 1d6 per round written somewhere, but I can't recall where.

Where can I find Melee and Range (modern and ancient) Combat Negative while fighting under (Rain/Snow/Hot/Cold) etc. (light/Med/Heavy) weather conditions? (Book and Page)

Unfortunately some of what you're seeking their is spread out in different books. Rifts Canada and The Northern Hinterlands has cold weather info. Baalgor Wastelands has desert info. The two demon/devil books have weather for their specific dimensions in their own books. The best I can tell you is to apply what you feel is a fair penalty, and modify as need be.

Where can i Find rules for leaping with in the books?

I want to say Akashic Soldier found where the rules for normal people leaping are, but I may be wrong about that. I think it may be in either HU2 or the HUGMG.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Chrnos wrote:Is there a Better way to do Armor Rating (A.R.) in the Megaverse?

Greetings and Salutations. Depends on your problems with the A.R. system, there are various house rules people feel make it better. However, the only alternate system I can think of is in the Compendium of Weapons, Armour, & Castles. The ancient armours in that book don't use the A.R. system, but a different one (I never really read it to give a good description of it, merely that it's different).

Chrnos wrote:Where can I find the Secondary Skills for PFRPG? (Book and Page)

The "Secondary Skills" in PFRPG are the same as the O.C.C. Related Skills (which is different than the HU2 system or even the newer RUE system). If you'd like to see a book and page number, turn to any of the O.C.C. in PFRPG. For example, I'll use the Mercenary Fighter from the main book, page 80.

"Secondary Skills: The character also gets to select four secondary skills from the previous list ... [snip] ...These are additional areas of knowledge that do not get the advantage of the bonus listed in the paranthesis. [snip] Also, skills are limited (any, only, none) as previously indicated in the list."

When you compare it to the O.C.C. Related Skills above, these passages make sense.

Chrnos wrote:What is the Burn Damage for fire if one chooses to stand in it and stay (Normal/Magic/Psionic)? (Book and Page)

I don't believe this is ever addressed (I could be wrong). I think Palladium figures either the person will instinctively try to get out of the fire to avoid death and pain as fast as possible (even if running through you're not trying to linger and get burned alive) ... or they're immune to fire.

Chrnos wrote:Where can I find Melee and Range (modern and ancient) Combat Negative while fighting under (Rain/Snow/Hot/Cold) etc. (light/Med/Heavy) weather conditions? (Book and Page)

I don't believe they address combat penalties directly, but "Heat Exhaustion" is addressed in PF7: Yin-Sloth Jungles starting on page 14. More notes on heat can be found in HU2 under APS: Fire (page 242).

Extreme Cold (including Hypothermia and Frostbite) can be found in Northern Hinterlands starting on page 23. This information (or something rather similar to it) is also found in World Book 20: Rifts Canada (though I'm too lazy to look up the exact page number at the moment).

And while not official (and not heat or cold, but weather related), there are some rules regarding using archery in high winds found in Rifter #45 within the archery article (that's of course Unofficial).

Chrnos wrote:Where can i Find rules for leaping with in the books?

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=79337&p=1574325&hilit=Leaping#p1574325
That addresses it for AtB2, HU, and Rifts (original). I believe those are the only three lines that address the topic directly.

Chrnos wrote:Thanks In Advance

We do what we can. Hope it helped. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I think a good rule for AR is if you dodge and fail the dodge (strike is higher) that your dodge roll should be added to the AR for that attack for purposes of bypassing it.

I believe that being an evasive target should make it harder to hit the open spots on your armor. Even if you cannot utterly avoid the attack, your avoidance efforts should work against the specific aim needed to hit the sweet spots involved in bypassing AR.

Parries should not be as useful in that regard, if you fail to get your arm in the way fast enough, that does not make it that much harder to jam a knife in the armpit of some platemail... but even parries should have some benefit. Part of conquering a parry can be perceived as moving around the defender's flailing arms, which could make aiming at a sweet spot harder. I just don't think it should help as much as dodging does. Perhaps add half the parry roll to the AR for that attack.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Chrnos
Wanderer

Unread post by Chrnos »

Thanks you, I do appreciate your insight. This will help. But I still have more Questions for the Megaverse... :-D :)

What happens when a Characters uses up all of his ISP or PPE Points (Beside the unable to perform any more psionic or magic Feats)?
Do they die? (I’m guess no)
Do they go into a Coma? (I’m guess no)
Will they be extremely exhausted once there ISP or PPE hits 0 points? (I’m guess no, but for a story and or role playing base I’m guessing this could happen if one uses all there powers up in one extreme hit/move).

We have a player that states that the books says this? I cannot find it in any of the core rules that I have. Does this exist or is this a add-on from a sores book.

The only thing I found in summery is:
When a psionic or practitioners of magic has exhausted all of his I.S.P. or P.P.E., they are unable to perform any more psionic or Magic feats until they regenerate the points back.

Thanks In Advance.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

They're just out of PPE. That's it.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Chrnos
Wanderer

Unread post by Chrnos »

Killer Cyborg wrote:They're just out of PPE. That's it.

That's what I thought... The reason i ask the question is because we had a debate on the at the last gaming session.
Thus why i asked the Megaverse.

Thanks
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

Chrnos wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:They're just out of PPE. That's it.

That's what I thought... The reason i ask the question is because we had a debate on the at the last gaming session.
Thus why i asked the Megaverse.

Thanks

Killer cyborg is 100% correct, your player may be (and this is a big may be) mixing rules from shadowrun with rifts, or it could be a house rule.
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

Also I will check into the regular human jumping rules due to my lack of faith in the person that The Beast is quoting. Nothing against The Beast.
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
Chrnos
Wanderer

Unread post by Chrnos »

calto40k wrote:Also I will check into the regular human jumping rules due to my lack of faith in the person that The Beast is quoting. Nothing against The Beast.

The only thing I have found for Leaping and Jumping was in the Heroes Unlimited GM Guide
Last edited by Chrnos on Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”