Minimum Ship size for Each FTL in Galaxy guide?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Minimum Ship size for Each FTL in Galaxy guide?

Unread post by gaby »

Hi,I like to known What is the Minimum size a space ship need to be to fit each type of FTL on it?

Well I like give each FTL,ther own Pro and Con,why some Race go with One type of FTL over another.

Like in Phase world the Counter-Gravity Drive had a Size limited on the Ships that use it for cent,before the kelthrot harmonic field or the balanced hammon drive were invended.

Like Idea I have is One FTL will have a size to speed ratio,fighters and shuttles can go the maximum speed,but biger the ship,shower it,s FTL.
It a way to make each FTL unique in a way.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Minimum Ship size for Each FTL in Galaxy guide?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The minimum requirements are embedded inside of the Descriptive text of each drive type;
A-M/F: 750 ton min.
M/A-M: 500 ton min.
Neg. Matter: 350 min.
Tachyon: 300 ton min.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I wanted the Size of the ship,that the Length,beam,height,not just the mass.
People always forget it win give info on ther ships.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

gaby wrote:I wanted the Size of the ship,that the Length,beam,height,not just the mass.

The suggested numbers in the Galaxy Guide are 1' long per ton for ships under 1,000 tons and 10' long per ton for ships over 1,000 tons. Of course this leads to some rather silly numbers (a 100,000 ton ship ends up being either 189 or 18.9 miles long :eek: :? ) So rather than hard numbers your going to have to do some "common sense" application.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

gaby wrote:I wanted the Size of the ship,that the Length,beam,height,not just the mass.

I believe that they mean the tonnage as a measure of the overall size, then actual weight/mass.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

The HU galaxy guide sounds a lot more thorough regarding space ship construction than I remember Phase World being.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Tor wrote:The HU galaxy guide sounds a lot more thorough regarding space ship construction than I remember Phase World being.

Yep, you could say that, since there are no real construction rules for spaceships in any other book. The only text that talks about making ships only talk about it in generalities about how many weapons a size class should have.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Tor wrote:The HU galaxy guide sounds a lot more thorough regarding space ship construction than I remember Phase World being.

That's because it is.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Ok maybe I should have said the type of Ship like What FTL drives can fit on fighters?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Anti-grav, the top one in the list in the book, is the one I use for fighter/interceptors.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”