Damage roll over

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: Damage roll over

Unread post by Tor »

Rifts Main Book page 12 has it under 'physical damage while inside a MDC structure'. Situations are falls, high-speed crashes, and explosion impacts.

Presumably other forms of attack do not harm the pilot inside. Though I'd say high-PS punches from giant things should qualify for impact damage too.

RUE might have expanded this, forget page. Anyone know if Robotech has it? Also not sure if rules like this exist for SDC setting robots.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
tobefrnk
Adventurer

Unread post by tobefrnk »

To my experience, Robotech has yet to introduce a blanket "Physical damage in an MDC structure" to the game. The closest reference is in the Surviving an Aircraft Crash-Landing rule. Even then, the reinforced pilot compartment seems to protect the pilot either completely or significantly reduces damage in the majority of situations.
Grimlock
Explorer

Unread post by Grimlock »

Rifts: Ultimate Edition, pg. 355: Hit Points/S.D.C. Damage While Inside M.D.C. Armour (optional) ;)
I gave my wife 5 rules for decorating our place: No Bows, No Pink, No Flowers, No Birds, and No Unicorns.
I later found out Unicorns are Mega Damage.
Now there are 4 rules.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I hate the word optional, all rules are optional for GMs to enforce anyway since they can change whatever they want.

Setting-canon and non-canon should be used instead.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”