Smallest creatures in the megaverse

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Smallest creatures in the megaverse

Unread post by Tor »

Watching the Arthur trilogy (Invisibles, Revenge of Malthazard, War of 2 Worlds) got me thinking about tiny stuff people can play. Wondering if anyone wants to help brainstorm stuff like this. Minimoys are ~2mm (big warriors like Malthazard are 3mm) and I don't recall if we have anything that micro...

In PF the smallest standard race is the Gnome (min 2 feet) and if they happened to be Nightbane taking on a Gnome form, a doll-like Morphus could reduce that to a mere 2 inches, and Swarm Self even further to measurements I could only guess at. Dream Ghouls from Between the Shadows can also be as small as 12 inches, while Guilt Eaters seem to have undetermined size.

Among demons is Lasae (min 1.5 feet) among Dyvalians is Imps and Bonelings (min 3ft).

The "Reduce Self" spell gets people down to 6 inches, the same as Faeries, who are the smallest of the Folk except for Sprites who win at merely 4 inches.

TTGD familiar rules which enhance IQ also create interesting new PC options. Scuttlers are merely 8 inches, brown bats can be as little as 2 (or vampires as many as 4). The standard familiar creation spell has species limitations but I don't know if TTGD does. For all we know, even insects or bacteria could be made familiars through this process.

In HU a size level 1 (smallest) mutant animal of a species with "height - short" can be as small as 1 inch, while the major power of Shrinking does allow you to get down to Maltazard size (3mm or 1/8 inch) or smaller ("speck" is undetermined measurement)

Vampire Kingdoms opened up the flying rodent realm (think Batty in Fern Gully) plus Floopers and Shapers (both 4ft min, page 133) and Oltec's species (2.5 inches, page 150)

In Psyscape the Psymbiote is a mere 6 inches and Amorphs can shrink down to cat-size (as pictured, even though it says 'any animal' I assume it means mice and insects are off limits) and Power Leech is 2.5 feet minimum and Zaayr can shrink to 3ft. Not as good as the Chaing-Ku of course, who can shrink down to Cat/Raven size (I always figured cats were bigger... but if it says cat min and explicit go-raven, we must assume this means tiny cats vs large ravens or something)

In Spirit West the Hunter/Nurturer types of Great Little Ones are merely 12 inches, Kachina Tectonic Spirits can possess dolls as small as 6 inches, and lesser animal/plant spirits are other ways to play intelligent tiny things.

I feel like I'm overlooking a bunch of other tiny folk. Any other cool small stuff in Palladium?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
The Ruiner
Explorer
Comment: I am a perfectionist who is good at nothing. You can imagine my frustration.

Re: Smallest creatures in the megaverse

Unread post by The Ruiner »

HU2 p286
Shrink - the character can get this small --> .
"There's only room in here for One, and I've decided it's not you."

"Open your eyes, I'm gonna horrify you into a comma!"--Master Shake
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

We need rules on how to attack people from inside their intestinal tract or eardrum for these guys. Step up, Palladium.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Roll 1D20 and add strike bonuses. Successful strike inflicts 0.001 H.P. damage. :-D
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Their damage doesn't get cut that much though... isn't it something like 1/3 or 1/2? Still a huge amount to inflict directly to brain.

If a Shrinking superhero entered Dead Reign, I'd say entering the ear means avoiding that whole NAR issue since they get direct brain access.
The Ruiner
Explorer
Comment: I am a perfectionist who is good at nothing. You can imagine my frustration.

Unread post by The Ruiner »

Tor wrote:Their damage doesn't get cut that much though... isn't it something like 1/3 or 1/2? Still a huge amount to inflict directly to brain.

If a Shrinking superhero entered Dead Reign, I'd say entering the ear means avoiding that whole NAR issue since they get direct brain access.

After determining how small one can go, you roll to see if you keep your mass or if the mass is reduced.

The P.S gets cut in stages when Reduced Mass is chosen (or rolled), if the character is 6 inches tall the P.S. gets cut by 1/2. If he goes down to a minute speck the P.S. is only a total of 3.

If constant mass is rolled then he retains his full strength.
"There's only room in here for One, and I've decided it's not you."

"Open your eyes, I'm gonna horrify you into a comma!"--Master Shake
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Even with reduced mass/PS and using the damage penalties for low PS introduced in RUE, that's still some pretty sweet damage they can inflict on a brain.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”