Damage by location

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lostsoul336
Wanderer

Damage by location

Unread post by lostsoul336 »

OK i know this has been answered somewhere but for the life of me i cannot find it. What is or where does it talk about damage by location. I want to break down MDC and SDC/HP by location to include, head, legs, arms, hands, feet, neck etc. Thanks.
I've faced everything from the Mechaniods to the 4 Horsemen, what's the CS war gonna throw at me?

A juicer with an impact wrench, so what, I've got a UAR-1 Enforcer, what's he going to do.

You come to a fork in the road...
...I pick it up!
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Re: Damage by location

Unread post by Thinyser »

lostsoul336 wrote:OK i know this has been answered somewhere but for the life of me i cannot find it. What is or where does it talk about damage by location. I want to break down MDC and SDC/HP by location to include, head, legs, arms, hands, feet, neck etc. Thanks.

If there is a chart that breaks this down all the way down to hands and feet I've never seen it. I somewhat remember a breakdown by head, arms, & legs but I don't have a clue where (what book) this might be in.

Our house rule has always been 25% of main body for head and each leg and 15% for each arm and neck.

Never broken it down to hands and feet but I would say 5% of main body.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
lostsoul336
Wanderer

I found a chart online once a while back and it was definitely a house rule. I was/am hoping there is "official" rules for it.
I've faced everything from the Mechaniods to the 4 Horsemen, what's the CS war gonna throw at me?

A juicer with an impact wrench, so what, I've got a UAR-1 Enforcer, what's he going to do.

...I pick it up!
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

There have been notes here and there in books where the writer will be like, "And sometimes a called shot to the head can be deadly (head is typically 15% of total SDC), so watch out!"

but only with more parenthetical comments and exclamation marks. :P

Perhaps some words bolded and itallicized. :bandit:
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

lostsoul336 wrote:I found a chart online once a while back and it was definitely a house rule. I was/am hoping there is "official" rules for it.

I've browsed the following:
RMB
RGMG
PFRPG2E main book
HU2
HUGMG
RUE

And have not found any breakdown. If its canon its silly that they hid it so well.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Ok so in the Compendium of Contemporary Weapons on p.17 it breaks down HP as follows:
24% Head
50% Main Body
14% Legs (7% each leg)
8% Arms (4% each arm)
4% Hands and Feet (1% each)

It says you round up, and states that if you deplete the HP in the head or main body the character goes unconscious or enters a coma.

Hope that helps a bit.

EDIT: Personally I don't like taking 50% away from the main body and divvying it up amongst the head limbs hands and feet but this is (so far) the only canon reference I have found. Also It doesn't say how to divide up SDC just HP so in theory one would have to deplete the full SDC of the character before he could actually injure a specific body part. Again I don't really agree with doing it this way.

I think keeping main body at 100% of SDC/HP and then assigning a % to head, neck, arms, legs (and hands/feet if you want to get that detailed) works better.

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Cannot locate anything on armor yet, but looking at most MDC suits (that show it broken down) the helmet is usually between 45-55% of the main body, Legs are about the same. Arms are closer to 30-35% of the main body.

lostsoul336
Wanderer

Thinyser wrote:Ok so in the Compendium of Contemporary Weapons on p.17 it breaks down HP as follows:
24% Head
50% Main Body
14% Legs (7% each leg)
8% Arms (4% each arm)
4% Hands and Feet (1% each)

It says you round up, and states that if you deplete the HP in the head or main body the character goes unconscious or enters a coma.

Hope that helps a bit.

EDIT: Personally I don't like taking 50% away from the main body and divvying it up amongst the head limbs hands and feet but this is (so far) the only canon reference I have found. Also It doesn't say how to divide up SDC just HP so in theory one would have to deplete the full SDC of the character before he could actually injure a specific body part. Again I don't really agree with doing it this way.

I think keeping main body at 100% of SDC/HP and then assigning a % to head, neck, arms, legs (and hands/feet if you want to get that detailed) works better.

I agree about the 50% issue. I think i will just use Body at full SDC/HP and then do this
Head 30%
Arms 15%
Legs 25%
Hands/Feet 5%
each % is based on the full SDC/HP. You will have to get the SDC out first then can go to HP for the specific area you are aiming for.

...I pick it up!

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”