Control Insects and the Xiticix

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Greeter
Wanderer

Control Insects and the Xiticix

Unread post by Greeter »

Greetings All,

I was positive there was a connection between these two mentioned in the books but now I can't find it. I know it specifically mentions small insects in HU but many powers become over 10 times more powerful in a Rifts setting (such as SDC becoming MDC).
That which does not kill me . . . had better do enough damage to keep me from firing back!
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Control Insects and the Xiticix

Unread post by eliakon »

While they may be 'bug like' the Xiticix are not 'insects'. Just like the spell 'repel animals' wont work on humans (who are just monkeys after all).
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

I wouldn't allow control but, they would immediately recognize you as "Not prey"
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Plant-based Nightbane (I think in Nightlands) might also be unharassed by Xiticix.

Gotta love dat Flower-Child.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

I wouldn't allow it for two reasons. Um xiticic body armor and giant size xiticic henchmen.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Well, these guys can already make 3 giant bugs per day (though not simultaneously, and I don't mean melee attack) so it wouldn't be that huge a change, though I would not let them make Xiticix any more giant...

Cept maybe the first grub stage, that'd be adorable.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Greeter
Wanderer

Unread post by Greeter »

Thank you group. :)
That which does not kill me . . . had better do enough damage to keep me from firing back!

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”