Question On Action Sequence

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jarrod
D-Bee

Question On Action Sequence

Unread post by Jarrod »

If I cast a spell or throw a power punch that takes two actions, do I lose my last action, or lose my next action?
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: Question On Action Sequence

Unread post by Tor »

Your next action. This is also the case with dodges/entangles.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Ive always ran it where the last action is when the intended technique goes off. So for a power punch, you spend the first attack pulling your arm way back, then on the second action, you throw the punch, rolling the strike. This of course means for the first action, you are vulnerable to attack; hopefully you have some automatic defenses (parry, dodge...)
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Jarrod wrote:If I cast a spell or throw a power punch that takes two actions, do I lose my last action, or lose my next action?

Your first action is used up preparing the attack, and the attack lands on the second action/attack.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

Agree w/ all PPs. This is the way we've always run. Same if you get knocked back/down or fail HF - you lose next action.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

The rules don't specify. However it landing on the 2nd attack is a fairly common interpretation.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

glitterboy2098 wrote:The rules don't specify. However it landing on the 2nd attack is a fairly common interpretation.

It IS specified for Power Punch, although I don't recall exactly where.
Perhaps in the RGMG, CB1, or one of the other areas where they try to answer people's questions.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:The rules don't specify. However it landing on the 2nd attack is a fairly common interpretation.

It IS specified for Power Punch, although I don't recall exactly where.
Perhaps in the RGMG, CB1, or one of the other areas where they try to answer people's questions.

Its specified for *all* multi-action attacks...I just cannot find the reference. It was in a Q&A format in some Game Masters Guide (rifts?, HU2?) or perhaps FAQs or a Rifter....but I cannot find it anywhere and Im tired of looking.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I realize I was wrong, perhaps we should say the person loses their 'first' action and then completes the thing on the 2nd while also using it.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”