Could we get something official on jumping?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Could we get something official on jumping?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

In a regular game book there is jumping text in the N&S book and (I think) in the PF:high seas book.

If you are looking for something that covers the Rifts setting, then your best bet is the 'official' Q&A's in the Rifters.

I used the ' ' around official because at the time they were published the Q&A's were not noted as being Official Material. But done so after the fact when the "Rifter Index" topic was being put together in the Rifter Forum.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. The Official jumping rules can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=79337&p=1574325&hilit=jumping#p1574325

While that's part of the F.A.Q. section (and typically just decided by fans, popularity, or seemingly at random), this one provides book and page numbers. There are answers in: HU GM Guide, AtB2, and Rifts (original) 12th Printing or later. Of course, the link above provides the info for ease of reference. Each of the rules are different, so you'd have to decide which you like the best. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

P.S. I believe the only jumping rules in N&S are in relation to specific skills (such as Acrobatics and Gymnastics) and (possibly) a few special abilities/techniques. I do not believe it includes any general jumping rules though. If you do find them though, let me know. :ok:
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

In the Heroes Unlimited Game Master's Guide the jumping rules are based on both the P.S. score and the strength level (normal, extraordinary, superhuman or supernatural). As the rules are in the "Super Brawling" section of the HU:GMG, doing one of these jumps costs four actions, and unless the character is in the "super rage" of the rampage or brawl the jumping distances listed in that book are reduced by 40%.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

I just use the numbers listed under the Tumbling skill in Merc Adventures although I houserule that if you don't have the skill, you jump just the same as a level 1 character with that skill (ie. no level progression without the skill).

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”