Online Skills Compendium

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Raiden

Online Skills Compendium

Unread post by Raiden »

Has there ever been talk about maybe compiling every skill ever printed in a Palladium product into one place, either online or in its own book?

I ask this because I hate having to flip through 3 or 4 different books to find skills to round out my PC, and even the Rifts GMs Guide is out of date when it comes to skills. Would Palladium lose anything by putting the full list of skills and their descriptions online?
Prysus
Champion

Re: Online Skills Compendium

Unread post by Prysus »

Raiden wrote:Has there ever been talk about maybe compiling every skill ever printed in a Palladium product into one place, either online or in its own book?

I ask this because I hate having to flip through 3 or 4 different books to find skills to round out my PC, and even the Rifts GMs Guide is out of date when it comes to skills. Would Palladium lose anything by putting the full list of skills and their descriptions online?

Greetings and Salutations. While they don't include their full skill descriptions (as they want you to still buy the books), these are the best available options I can find.

1: Kuseru Satsujin (guy responsible for the N&S Netbook) made this list: http://www.geocities.ws/kuseru/NewMasterSkillsList.htm

Note: It doesn't have any % listed (as that goes against Palladium's online policy), and some O.C.C. specific skills are included as well. This also has not been updated in a while.

2: Rifter #0 is a PDF only Rifter that can be found here: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/9 ... _10152_0_0

Note: This is an official Palladium product ($5), and as such includes % next to the name for all the skills. Still no descriptions, but also includes which book it can be found in next to the skill (as opposed to the number/reference system).

That's the best I can give you right now. Hope that helps to some degree. Even though descriptions are not included, in most cases they're easy to figure out. Both are still a few years out of date (I don't think Kuseru touches PB anymore, and the Rifter #0 list is only accurate up until its release date: May 2008). Farewell and safe journeys for now.[/justify]
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Online Skills Compendium

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Raiden wrote:I ask this because I hate having to flip through 3 or 4 different books to find skills to round out my PC, and even the Rifts GMs Guide is out of date when it comes to skills. Would Palladium lose anything by putting the full list of skills and their descriptions online?

I agree about the flipping through multiple books. However we (my group) addressed this issue years ago by making a master skill list ourselves. We only included relevant (to us) bits, such as skill name, base and advancement, requirements, bonuses to (attributes/skills/general), and source. If we needed a full description we could look it up (ours was in a table format).

Alternatively one could simply photocopy (or scan) relevant pages and cut them up and paste them into a useable format so they are all in one place. Maybe even put each category on seperate pages to leave room for new additions (might not be alphabatized though). Or even simply retype them into your own master file for printing.

Sure these require one to do some work on their own.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”