SDC healing retreats

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

SDC healing retreats

Unread post by Tor »

Being that SDC recovers so much quicker in the Wujcik-designed worlds of TMNT and N&SS (you heal more SDC every hour there than you do in a day in HU/Nightbane/Rifts) would we treat this as a dimensional property of that world (much like ley line power/range differs) which people from other dimensions could benefit from if they travelled there? Or vice versa, would a TMNT/N&SS slow down their SDC healing if they went to other dimensions?

I was thinking it could be profitable to set up a sparring recovery lounge in one of these worlds due to its property. Also I think that one Mirror Mage spell that allows you to alter dimension rules could allow you to temporarily impart that to other dimensions... but that spell doesn't even last an hour so I don't think it'd be that useful.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: SDC healing retreats

Unread post by eliakon »

My personal call would be, pick one rate that you like, and use that for everywhere. But that's just me. I would think that the closest to a canon ruling would be that since each line has its own rules, that SDC just recovers different it some dimensions.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The two mentioned settings are more action adventure oriented, so a faster healing rate is needed for the plot lines to flow.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Which still is compatible with it being a dimensional property, though it's up to the GM to decide whether healing rates is ingrained in you or a planar property, that is, do you heal at a rate depending on where you are or where you come from?
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

You aren't comparing different dimensions, you are comparing different rulesets.
After the Bomb second edition has the same healing rates as the other 2e games - it isn't a dimensional quirk, it is an outdated ruleset which you shouldn't be using unless you prefer it but if that is the case, that same healing rate should apply to all dimensions.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Same thing... different rules, different worlds
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Palladium does tend to treat their different rulesets as different dimensions...
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Yup, like the PRPG world where SDC doesn't even apply and time slows down in many respects.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The two mentioned settings are more action adventure oriented, so a faster healing rate is needed for the plot lines to flow.

I dunno... I always thought N&SS was more spy-oriented than action-oriented compared with Heroes Unlimited. Heck even TMNT is more Nightbaneish in its 'hide from the normals' sense than a 'get in a fight with every random pursesnatcher' sense we expect in HU.

Giant2005 wrote:After the Bomb second edition has the same healing rates as the other 2e games - it isn't a dimensional quirk, it is an outdated ruleset which you shouldn't be using unless you prefer it but if that is the case, that same healing rate should apply to all dimensions.

AtB2 is clearly a distinct setting from TMNT and original AtB since they erased all the TMNT history.

Much like Rifts I saw we chock it up to that darned nuclear radiation that ruined the earth. It's clearly slowing down the traditional SDC healing. HU and Nightbane must be suffering similar though subtler corruptions.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”