Means outside mining of acquiring TW components

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Means outside mining of acquiring TW components

Unread post by Tor »

One major limit, both on Stone Masters, people with the Gem Powers from HU, or Techno-Wizards, is how there's presumably a finite amount of them, and they need to be mined, and there's always the possibility you can't find them on the market. I am wondering, regarding some components, if there is a more reliable means of acquiring them outside those finite limitations.

What I've thought of so far is...
*RUEpg134 mentions you can substitute Ivory and Pearl, so you could breed elephants and oysters to power Spoil/Necro/Ocean devices. The 'spit pearl' chi magic spell could also be a quick source.
*Since silicon/sand is easy to acquire (there are even spells which make it) you might plausibly invent a spell or TW device that creates pressure high enough to make it through extreme compression (no idea how to design such a thing though)
*Gods with access to the prototypical deific power of Transmutation, could probably create any component. Perhaps Leizak (FoMp27) does this to fuel his Stone Master powers? Entities like Heim (D+Gp173) who can do this without a body investment are utterly terrifying.
*Capture and forcibly breed then flay Zaayr Crystal dragons

Any other ideas?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: Means outside mining of acquiring TW components

Unread post by Tor »

Ah true, even if they can't create it magically with a spell, an earth elemental would make the perfect miner, able to go deeper into a planet than most could safely, not to mention locate the stuff with natural abilities.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Dimensional Teleport.
No seriously go dimension hopping. Go look at Dimension book 7 some time
1-35% Infinite Dimension
then
69-76% semi-precious stones

Okay, great more Emerald/Garnet/Clear Quartz/Rose Quartz/Ruby/Sapphire/Topaz than you can use up.

sell the surplus to buy the other gems you need from the mines on one of the trillions of worlds in just the PW universe....
On a cosmic scale, there is no supply issue.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Nightlords. They can convert energy into any physical form they want, and shape it. but might be too hard to make a deal with.

Night Witches on the other hand, have the same power, and are much more likely to make a deal. You have unlimited raw materials of anything you can imagine as long as you have a renewable supply of PPE.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

You could always lay siege to the town of DBee mineral beings. It is a horrific and gruesome way to get gems, but they'll all be dead and in pieces so who's going to complain.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Yeah but when people are made of minerals it doesn't always specify which, so you have to hope the GM makes them a desirable kind.

Seems I need to take a look at DB7 again. However... odds are places like that, guys like the Splugorth may have already found and set up a defensive outpost.

A nightlord's avatar has the same powers but I don't think Nightlands Witches with Gift of the Nightlords (CB3p177) get this power. While they can also get a pact of union, I'm not clear that Union would give you the energy manipulation powers of a Nightlord or not. It would give you the magic, but those powers have always been described as something different than magic.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”