Repairing MDC/SDC armor, mecha, PA, and etc in Rifts

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

tgunner91
Explorer

Repairing MDC/SDC armor, mecha, PA, and etc in Rifts

Unread post by tgunner91 »

Are there any rules for this anywhere? I know that the old Palladium RPG had some, but I've not seen anything for Rifts. Could someone point the way?
Giant2005
Knight

Re: Repairing MDC/SDC armor, mecha, PA, and etc in Rifts

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Rifts Sourcebook 1 Revised pages 36 and 37.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

The RUE operator description gives some costs for armor repair as well.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Mend the Broken is a spell that lets your repair your stuff. As I recall, it's pretty pricey (40PPE per MDC?), but if you've got access to the PPE, it'll save you a ton of time and money in the long run.

If you use the (broken) techno-wizardry rules given in RUE, you can do some pretty amazing things with Mend the Broken for not a whole lot of money, like build vehicles that instantly regenerate 200MDC for 1 PPE.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Yeah, when it comes to TW's, i just thank the heavens my players aren't interested in reading about them much, haha.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Alrik Vas wrote:Yeah, when it comes to TW's, i just thank the heavens my players aren't interested in reading about them much, haha.

Especially since the gem needed for TW items using mend the broken is actually REALLY cheap and allows you to make some pretty efficient repair tools.
MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

So basically to answer your question, not really. Go buy 8 different books and you'll be able to piece together your own house rules for repairs. Welcome to Palladium Books.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

MaxxSterling wrote:So basically to answer your question, not really. Go buy 8 different books and you'll be able to piece together your own house rules for repairs. Welcome to Palladium Books.

gyahaha
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”