Dual Wielding Pistols

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Dual Wielding Pistols

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

I know there is a general rule for this. My question is actually about the Gunslinger Abilities.

My copy of New West has vanished on me, and after a discussion on a different forum i'm in need of some specialized aid.

Do Gunslingers used WP Paired Weapons, or is it called something else? I thought it was WP Paired Pistols and it allowed dodges while shooting.

Someone correct me or tell me i'm right, i don't care either way so long as it's accurate.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Brayon
Explorer

Re: Dual Wielding Pistols

Unread post by Brayon »

They can shoot both guns at the same time, and count as one attack, and it can be same target, or two different targets. There is a special note, and I quote:

Note: Parrying is not possible when two handguns are being used as paired weapons, but the character can dodge (which uses up one of his attacks) and counter by shooting.

Hope that helps.
"No, actually, as there's that really big special rule that overrides any other rules. You know, the one where if something looks stupid or limiting or otherwise hinders game play or fun the GM is free to change or discard the rule." - Nightmask
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

It does help, yes, but is that normal wp paired our is it a gunslinger skill?
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Dog_O_War
Champion
Comment: I'ma fight you, Steve!

Unread post by Dog_O_War »

Alrik Vas wrote:I know there is a general rule for this. My question is actually about the Gunslinger Abilities.

My copy of New West has vanished on me, and after a discussion on a different forum i'm in need of some specialized aid.

Do Gunslingers used WP Paired Weapons, or is it called something else? I thought it was WP Paired Pistols and it allowed dodges while shooting.

Someone correct me or tell me i'm right, i don't care either way so long as it's accurate.

Their particular brand of WP Paired (Pistols, Revolvers) is an expanded WP semi-exclusive to them (I believe there are a couple other OCCs that get this skill or a variant thereof).

The major difference between the two being the bonuses they get as opposed to regular old "normal" WP Paired.

And what Brayon stated is correct.

As it was the discussion you were having with me, I will also point out here that simultaneous attack, since it's done in response to being attacked, eliminates the possibility of doing the shooting counter because you (the attacker) are not allowed to defend yourself.

As an additional off-topic note; do you see why I consider simultaneous attack so borken? (not a typo).
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
My masters were full of cheesecake
The answer to all your "not realistic!" questions. FIREBALL!
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
Alrik Vas
Knight

Okay, so they are different skills, and they work slightly different ways. That's pretty important. I'll see if i can borrow New West from a friend to study up.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”