Hammer of the Forge

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Re: Hammer of the Forge

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

RGG wrote:All Rifter content is optional. Not Canon material...

That's actually not true, there have been several issues of the Rifter with Official Canon material in them..

That said, the Hammer of the Forge story was not Canon..
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I'm pretty sure some other Rifter material that explored Shadow Magic and the Shadow Realm that Shadow Beasts come from (I recall it having Shadow Giants) had some kind of superior beings in them which I think was very close to what Abbott the Shadowen and that other fellow in HotF were supposed to be, if not directly based on them.

Wish I could remember which one I saw that in.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Tor wrote:I'm pretty sure some other Rifter material that explored Shadow Magic and the Shadow Realm that Shadow Beasts come from (I recall it having Shadow Giants) had some kind of superior beings in them which I think was very close to what Abbott the Shadowen and that other fellow in HotF were supposed to be, if not directly based on them.

Wish I could remember which one I saw that in.

Greetings and Salutations. That would be Rifter #20, page 67, From the Shadows by Sonny Rice. That's the one with Shadow Giants and some other shadow creatures. I've never read HotF, so I can't comment on which of the monsters you're referring to (though one of them is called "Shademen") nor offer an opinion on the similarities. Hope that helps though. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Shademen sound similar but I could've sworn (possible in another rifter after 20?) there was another shadows supplement that had these uber-powerful shadow-type beings that I immediately thought of Abbott and this other dude from.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”