Weapon dual wielding rules?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Weapon dual wielding rules?

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

for melee weapons, see the Weapon proficiency section of RUE. boiled down, the WP: dual weapons skill lets you strike with two swords/knives/etc using one attack, or attack with one and parry with the other with no penalty.

the rules for dual wielding pistols is found in Rifts worldbook 14 New West, however they are only used by the gunslinger OCC's at this time, and cannot be taken by any other class (so far)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

For people who don't have the WP Pistols Paired skill, they can still use two pistols paired.
Their primary hand is -2 to strike, and their off-hand is -6 to strike.
This is mentioned in RUE, in the Paired Weapons skill description.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

glitterboy2098 wrote:the rules for dual wielding pistols is found in Rifts worldbook 14 New West, however they are only used by the gunslinger OCC's at this time, and cannot be taken by any other class (so far)

that is not quite true. the sheriff can dual-wield pistols as can the gunfighter, the professional gambler and momano headhunter can pay skills to be able to do so.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:the rules for dual wielding pistols is found in Rifts worldbook 14 New West, however they are only used by the gunslinger OCC's at this time, and cannot be taken by any other class (so far)

that is not quite true. the sheriff can dual-wield pistols as can the gunfighter, the professional gambler and momano headhunter can pay skills to be able to do so.

i stand corrected.
but the note stands, as aside from those specific OCC's, the WB14 rules aren't available to players. though a GM could allow it on a case by case basis, using the GM's prerogative to change things.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

BiLL117 wrote:do the dual wilding rules carryover to robot vehicles like the X-2000 dyna-max with its two forearm vibro-swords

Yes. Piloting robots and power armor is treated as an extention of the pilots hand to hand skills. so if the pilot has WP paired weapons than he can use two vibro-swords in a robot.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”