Martial Art Powers for Chun Tzu OCC

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

smashed
Wanderer

Re: Martial Art Powers for Chun Tzu OCC

Unread post by smashed »

The official response (I think it is described in RUE) is when you are given a skill in your OCC that has a prerequisite skill, but you are not given the prerequisite skill, you get the prerequisite skill for free.

So if you choose Tien-Hsueh Kung Fu with your OCC then you would get the Acupuncture skill for free.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

smashed wrote:The official response (I think it is described in RUE) is when you are given a skill in your OCC that has a prerequisite skill, but you are not given the prerequisite skill, you get the prerequisite skill for free.

So if you choose Tien-Hsueh Kung Fu with your OCC then you would get the Acupuncture skill for free.

Smashed....what was asked was not what you answered.
-------------------------
You can Take the Acupuncture skill (see RC2 page 15).

Or

You could take the Martial Art Form Tien-Hsueh Kung Fu from N&S and MC which has no such pre-req., instead of the (stupid) Tien-Hsueh Kung Fu h2h that is described in the RChina2 book.
However, the Tien-Hsueh Kung Fu MAF is a FULL form unlike the "split forms" h2h's in the RC2 book. so you would only be taking the single MAF, instead of a mystic h2h & a combat h2h as is the norm in RC2.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Thu May 02, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

darcueid wrote:Hello! Just wanted to clarify something for the Chun Tzu OCC aka Philosopher Martial Warrior in Rifts - World Book 25: China 2 on pg 47ish. The books says that for that you can Tien-Hsueh Kung Fu (Touch Mastery) power out of the list of Mystical Martial Art Power its lists. But on page 35, where it describes the power in more detail, says there's a requirement that the character must know the Acupuncture skill. However, when looking on the list of OCC skills for Chun Tzu, the only Medical skill I see listed is Paramedic skill; no sign of Acupuncture.

So I was wondering if being able to choose Tien-Hsueh Kung Fu from the Martial Art Power list for that OCC wavers the prerequisite, or is it that the Acupuncture skill was accidentally omitted from the OCC's Skill list?

I apologize in advance it this question has been answered already, or that I'm blind and the answer was right under my nose and I just couldn't see it. Otherwise, thanks to everyone who provide answers and feedback. :)

I beleive you have to take the acupunture skill in order to take touch mastery. if you don't want to bother, you can take another power.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

I didn't notice that it was limited to first aid only.

It's clear this is an oversight, the problem is it's impossible to know which is the oversight. either not allowing them accupuncture was an oversight, or allowing them Tien Hiseu was the oversight. it's a GM's call which way it falls.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

darcueid wrote:
As for your 2nd response, drewkitty, I'll take a gander at N&S and MC. Never would have thought of that, thank you for suggesting it.

And again thank you to all who have provided feedback. :)

If it a pre-req. for the h2h...and if the OCCR list does not let you take said pre-req....then ignore the OCCR list's typo.

You might want to check out the Chun Tzu OCC in MC.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

The Chun Tzu in MC can't have Touch Mastery either :) But you can be a vegetarian pacifist bicycle-riding Diabolic Tough Master if you want.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”