How Long das it take for a Hatchling to become a Adult.

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

How Long das it take for a Hatchling to become a Adult.

Unread post by gaby »

Please tell How long das it take for a Hatchling Dragon to become a Adult.

What are the major changeds in Size,Isp and Ppe.
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Re: How Long das it take for a Hatchling to become a Adult.

Unread post by Grell »

1. 600 years according to RUE

2. Size, attributes, M.D.C., P.P.E. & I.S.P. all increase.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

600 years as per the Rifts Main Book & PF: DRagons and Gods.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

If you have the original Conversion Book 1 you can see the difference between RMB Dragon Hatchlings and the adult contemporaries as well.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

600 years, though there's an example somewhere of this varying slightly.

And everything changes, exact phyiscal changes depends on the dragon.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

I think its 5 or 6k for anichent also
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

Little Snuzzles wrote:If the dragon is Catholic, it takes twice as long. :D

If they are scientologists is based on the size of their dragon hoard???
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

is the 600 years a purely physical build thing, or a maturity thing? i mean, sure it takes 600 years for a hatchling to grow to be the size of the 'adult'. but at what point in that process does a dragon hatchling mature, mentally, physically, (and at the risk of creeping people out) sexually?
more than a few animals in real life 'mature' well before they reach recognized adult form. (including humans.. one reason we invented the 'teenage' age catagory was to deal with the fact people mature mentally and biologically well before they stop growing.)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

six hundred years :) we're not given any information on "teenage" dragons, ergo there is no cause to assume they exist.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

At present 600, but with dragons consuming increasing amounts of dairy, I can't guarantee this will remain a constant.

I suggest that any dragons in a rush to grow up take advantage of the "week's a minute" nature of the outer astral plane to get a year in under an hour, allowing you to age over 27 years a day, and attain that 600 years (31 200 weeks) in 520 hours, or 21 and 2/3 of a day. Adulthood in 3 weeks plus a day, guaranteed or your money back. Why wait a half dozen centuries for what can be yours in under a month?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:600 years, though there's an example somewhere of this varying slightly.

And everything changes, exact phyiscal changes depends on the dragon.

Yeah I don't know where this was mentioned (its in some "fluff" text somewhere) But I had gone with 550 years + percentile roll so the range covered 600 +/- 50 years. Seemed fair seeing that being 50 years off one way or the other is only an 8.3% deviation from the mean. Its like humans some start puberty early some late but its usually "about" the same time.

Had a player with a great horned dragon hatchling that was 590 years old and thought he had another 10 years to wait but didn't know I'd rolled a 40% and was just beginning the process of change into adult (a process that takes 1d4 decades in my games)
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

glitterboy2098 wrote:at what point in that process does a dragon hatchling mature, mentally, physically, (and at the risk of creeping people out) sexually?

They need to be adults to procreate and produce their own hatchlings, but as for having sexual encounters, I imagine you could go based on human maturation rates. Heck, dragons tend to be more mentally advanced than humans, possessing higher IQ/ME/MA, inherent skills and magic and psionics, not to mention being unintimidated by most partners, so they could be interested in and prepared for that stuff faster than us in spite of taking much longer to physically reach adulthood.

While there's been no clear indication, we can get an idea from some NPCs. Pantheons Pg34's Kukulcan hatchling is 26 and she seems pretty ripe and interested in relations with a 900 year-old adult male, even if she can't lay eggs yet. Vampire Kingdoms Pg108's Carlotta is 99 years and enjoying physical relations with a 25 year old human.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”