The weight of Eclips

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dinne
Wanderer

The weight of Eclips

Unread post by Dinne »

I feel like I have seen this somewhere, but I feel completely stupid asking this questions. I guess that's the purpose of this forum :-D

So I was trying to search the forums and couldn't find this.
**How much should standard eclips and extended eclips weigh?**

PS:If you could think of the weight of the power packs and stuff, too. That would be awesome!

PPS:..and if I'm just dumb and I just couldn't find this info you can just link the page and I will just hunt it down in shame. ;)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: The weight of Eclips

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

no official info that i know of.

personally i'd say about 2 pounds (.92kg) for a standard rifle style eclip. about half that for the short eclip (which usually is pistol style)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

2 pounds sounds right for an ultra high powered battery with a light mdc frame and some sort of super conductor top on it.

While i dont feel like doing it there might be a pistol or rifle out there thats weight says "unloaded" that takes eclips. You have to do alot of searching im sure though
Zamion138
Hero

Wait i got it, if the ne rifle thats converted to take eclips weighs less than the one with plasma carts or more you could compare the two weights.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Zamion138 wrote:Wait i got it, if the ne rifle thats converted to take eclips weighs less than the one with plasma carts or more you could compare the two weights.

considering those two rifles use completely different ways to inflict damage (particle beams vs plasma cartridges), that would not help much, since the weight difference would also include the difference in weight between a particle beam generator and the barrel/cooling system of a plasma cartridge weapon.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Zamion138
Hero

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Zamion138 wrote:Wait i got it, if the ne rifle thats converted to take eclips weighs less than the one with plasma carts or more you could compare the two weights.

considering those two rifles use completely different ways to inflict damage (particle beams vs plasma cartridges), that would not help much, since the weight difference would also include the difference in weight between a particle beam generator and the barrel/cooling system of a plasma cartridge weapon.

The only thing i could think of.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I'd say that the weight is "negligable."
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”