SDC Armor?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: SDC Armor?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

There really isn't any listed in Rifts because of the profliferation of MDC weaponry. The only one I can think of is the Chipwell SDC power armor (4000 SDC, or 40 MDC equivlent). Your best bet is to get an SDC game like Heroes Unlimited for modern combat armor and Palladium Fantasy for ancient armor.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

DSKauai wrote:Which book has a listing of SDC armor? I'm looking for it in the GMG but I must be reading right over it.

HU2, HU:AU, PF2, ATB2, NB, As in "The SDC Setting Books" :roll:

In Rifts: there is the homemade armor section in the Australia book.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:The only one I can think of is the Chipwell SDC power armor (4000 SDC, or 40 MDC equivlent).

... magebane... :|
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Akashic Soldier wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:The only one I can think of is the Chipwell SDC power armor (4000 SDC, or 40 MDC equivlent).

Huh?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:

Huh?

Magebane have a power to spend PPE to turn SDC armor into MDC armor with x2 its SDC in MDC. Though I dont think that it would work on a suit of power armor.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

and how does that relate to my post? :?

Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:and how does that relate to my post? :?

I think hes pointing out that if a gm allowed it to go through that the chipwell suit could have 8k in mdc when they kick the ability on to make sdc armor mdc armor.......and at my table that would be allowed all of once and then have the threat of nuclear war if it was used again.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:and how does that relate to my post? :?

I was responding to the huh, generated by the previous "magebane" post from AS, sorry for any confusion
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”