Order of Light

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Witchcraft
Dungeon Crawler

Order of Light

Unread post by Witchcraft »

On page 9 of Hades (Dimension Book 10) Alex tells Thoth that he made contact with a small group of rebels in Hades called the "Order of Light." The word is in bold and I can't find reference to them anywhere else in the book. Am I looking in the wrong place? Am I just blind? Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Brent
There is no spoon.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Order of Light

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

it sounds like the Republicans, a little blurb mentioned once that Kevin promptly forgot about (before he was reminded at an open house)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I was able to find these two notes in the book.

Page 197, in the description of Cinder:
What the Slayers don't even realize (nor do their enemies for that matter) is that Cinder is really part of a secret movement of heroes and angels who call themselves the Order of Light. Through the use of intimidation and a show of force, she was able to muscle her way in as leader. She plays the role of a psychotic lunatic bent on destroying everything. Cinder has played this part a little too well and the members of her cell are becoming a bit concerned that she may indeed be slipping, and turning evil.

Page 211, in the write-up for Deevils in The Forest of Pain:
Most notably, they are supporting the Order of Light. Surely, without this support their efforts would have failed long ago. Of course the Order of Light has no idea that they are mere puppets working for another taskmaster. The leaders of the Order are never even likely to find out, as a Devilkin sits within the lead cell of their order.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Witchcraft
Dungeon Crawler

Thanks for the head's-up! I checked those other references and now I'm absolutely fiending for canonical references and information. However, I've got an awesome imagination and I'm sure I'll come up with something to use in the campaign.

Ladies in Hades and the Dyval Wears Prada!

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns ... ears-prada

Whoooo doggy!
There is no spoon.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Witchcraft wrote:On page 9 of Hades (Dimension Book 10) Alex tells Thoth that he made contact with a small group of rebels in Hades called the "Order of Light." The word is in bold and I can't find reference to them anywhere else in the book. Am I looking in the wrong place? Am I just blind? Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Brent

Greetings and Salutations. The Order of Light can be found in Rifter #41 as "Optional" material for Rifts Hades and the Minion War. The article is written by Carl Gleba (same author as Rifts Hades), but it's an "outtake" from the submitted work. It starts on page 91 and ends on page 96 (one picture, about a quarter of a page in size, and page 96 is only about a quarter of a page in content).

Whether or not that'll be enough content for you to buy the issue is up to you. If you decide to check it out and don't already own the issue ...

Rifter #41 at the Palladium Store: https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... er-41.html

And in "official" PDF format: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/8 ... =rifter+41

Hope that helps. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Witchcraft
Dungeon Crawler

Hey Prysus! Thanks so much for the reference! I apologize that it took me so long to get back to this post and actually "thank" you.
There is no spoon.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”