Psi-Nullifier vs. Energy Sphere?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Psi-Nullifier vs. Energy Sphere?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

It can only disrupt powers directed at him that come within the circle, or are activated within that range. the energy sphere is not directed at him, so as long as you make it outside of the sphere, the psi-nullifer's power will notice it's harmless and ignore it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Only the spell being cast, like normal. the energy sphere is fine.

Psi-nullifers have no power over any magic not directed at them if you cast it from futher than 10 feet away.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Hey Nekira isn't that just about the automatic ability?

I thought Psi-Nulls could intentionally spend ISP to negate things further away than their 10ft/self range. Something like 100+ feet. The context describes protecting others who are targetted (they have to roll initiative to see if they do it in time) but I assume this could be applied to any magic they're aware of.

Of course both Negas and Nullifiers apparently have to do this protest stuff during the actual casting, and can't negate it once it's successfully been cast.

Of course with rituals, they would have all kinds of opportunities. With higher-level spells they could also have multiple opportunities. Nullifier reflex stuff only happens once (when being cast) but intentional disruption could be attempted once per action I would assume, giving you 2 attempts to bust a 5-10, 3 versus a 11-15, and essentially as many as you need with rituals.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Tor wrote:Hey Nekira isn't that just about the automatic ability?

I thought Psi-Nulls could intentionally spend ISP to negate things further away than their 10ft/self range. Something like 100+ feet. The context describes protecting others who are targetted (they have to roll initiative to see if they do it in time) but I assume this could be applied to any magic they're aware of.

Of course both Negas and Nullifiers apparently have to do this protest stuff during the actual casting, and can't negate it once it's successfully been cast.

Of course with rituals, they would have all kinds of opportunities. With higher-level spells they could also have multiple opportunities. Nullifier reflex stuff only happens once (when being cast) but intentional disruption could be attempted once per action I would assume, giving you 2 attempts to bust a 5-10, 3 versus a 11-15, and essentially as many as you need with rituals.

so they can, I missed that. They have to know exactly who the target is before they can attempt to, though.

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Energy Spheres seem pretty conspicuous.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”