Mind bolt question?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Mind bolt question?

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Yes, assuming the CS Grunt is unarmored. Per RUE, p. 366, a Mind Bolt is a physical blast of energy which can be absorbed by armor (damaging the armor in the process).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Grendelki wrote:Is it possible to outright kill say a CS grunt with the MD mind bolt attack. How much MD could a brain have anyway?

The mind bolt is not actually an attack aginst the mind, it's nothing but a physical bolt of psychic energy, not an attack on the opponents brain.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

I've always thought it somewhat amusing that the only direct brain attack is a spell - Mental Blast. As a house rule, I let master psychics choose it as a power.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

Talavar wrote:I've always thought it somewhat amusing that the only direct brain attack is a spell - Mental Blast. As a house rule, I let master psychics choose it as a power.

Rifter 25 has a bunch of new psionics in it, one of which is the Psionic Blast power. It bypasses body armor, but not power armor, to attack the target's brain, ignoring SDC to directly damage HP.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”