Double and Triple power on ley lines/nexus for magic

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Double and Triple power on ley lines/nexus for magic

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Lost Seraph wrote:Since I can never find it anywhere in RUE or any other book dealing with magic other then 1st ed Rifts, are spell effects (Invocations, etc) still doubled in range, damage, duration, and effectiveness (IE Armor of Ithan doubles the MDC it protects against, etc) at a ley line, and triple at a nexus point? Does the same also apply to TW/spells produced from magic items for range and damages (I know it does on a ley line for Splugorth TW weapons)?

Spells still receive ley line/nexus bonus's yes. Only TW items that specify they receive bonus's do so.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Prysus
Champion

Re: Double and Triple power on ley lines/nexus for magic

Unread post by Prysus »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Lost Seraph wrote:Since I can never find it anywhere in RUE or any other book dealing with magic other then 1st ed Rifts, are spell effects (Invocations, etc) still doubled in range, damage, duration, and effectiveness (IE Armor of Ithan doubles the MDC it protects against, etc) at a ley line, and triple at a nexus point? Does the same also apply to TW/spells produced from magic items for range and damages (I know it does on a ley line for Splugorth TW weapons)?

Spells still receive ley line/nexus bonus's yes. Only TW items that specify they receive bonus's do so.

Greetings and Salutations. In RUE, if you look on page 186 ( if your book has the errata included, otherwise you'll have to look on the cutting room floor here http://www.palladiumbooks.com/images/Do ... Eratta.pdf ) it says ...

Increase the range and duration of a spell by 50% when on or within 2 miles/3.2 km of a ley line.

That's the only official passage regarding spell affect I'm aware of within RUE. I'm afraid I can't answer much in regards to the TW question.

Anyways, hope that helps (at least a little). Thank you for your your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”