Conversion question!

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Conversion question!

Unread post by psam_rage »

The situation:
I am building a Mad Scientist turned Nanobot Hive Mega Hero (I figure it should be on the right power scale for the rest of the party [Rifts Game {My GM's dice cheat:(I have to roll Nat 20's to dodge most of the time)}])

The Problem:
The conversion guide says all Mega Heroes are MD, but my friend is claiming that since Nano-bot article says you aren't a supernatural creature you aren't MD.

The question:
Is this true, and if so is there anyway around this MASSIVE limitation other taking the PPE Battery [Makes you a supernatural construct] (Which seems like my only option at this time).
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Conversion question!

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Mega Heroes dont' all become MDC because they're supernatural, they become MDC because they're mega heroes. It's a feature of the class itself in rifts regardless of type.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

HU2, p. 181 says Mega-Heroes/Villains are "considered" Supernatural Beings; that is to say, they are equivalent to supernatural beings because of their godlike powers, without necessarily actually breaking the laws of physics.

I have no idea where this "Nanobot hive" is from, so I can't comment on it, but the Machine People of the Phase World dimension are M.D.C. creatures whose bodies are composed of nanomachines, so there is a precedent.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:HU2, p. 181 says Mega-Heroes/Villains are "considered" Supernatural Beings; that is to say, they are equivalent to supernatural beings because of their godlike powers, without necessarily actually breaking the laws of physics.

I have no idea where this "Nanobot hive" is from, so I can't comment on it, but the Machine People of the Phase World dimension are M.D.C. creatures whose bodies are composed of nanomachines, so there is a precedent.

Would of said the underlined just a slightly different way...

....that is to say, they are equivalent to supernatural beings because of their godlike powers, without necessarily actually being a 'supernatural being'.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”