burster & firewalker

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: burster & firewalker

Unread post by eliakon »

jester_79 wrote:I was wondering, I've been reading the new Beyond the Supernatural, is the Firewalker a precursor to a Burster? They seem similar in design, though still both very unique. Would it be possible for a Burster to learn Firewalker psionics as they level up?

Technically they are seperate. That said I have found it works fine to allow a Burster to select firewalker powers as their choices. It gives them even MORE specilization in their field to play with, and something to look forward too.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

jester_79 wrote:I was wondering, I've been reading the new Beyond the Supernatural, is the Firewalker a precursor to a Burster? They seem similar in design, though still both very unique. Would it be possible for a Burster to learn Firewalker psionics as they level up?

The firewalker was modeled after the Burster (i.e.: the burster came 1st in the RMB and there was no FW in BTS1.)

As Eli said they are not officially related, thus officially nope, they can't.

However, I see no problem with them doing so.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Unread post by Blindscout »

I allow Bursters to take Firewalker psionics as they level.
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”